Together in Learning and Faith
February 16, 2020
Kindergarten Registration for 2020 - 2021
Kindergarten registration for EICS schools continues online. Need more information? Please try these links to answer any questions you may have:
- Kindergarten Registration FAQ's
- The EICS Kindergarten webpage
- EICS Kindergarten Information Brochure
- School Boundary Maps for Fort Saskatchewan
Programs offered will be based on enrollment and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. These are the programming options available for selection on the Kindergarten registration form for OLA School:
- Mondays, Wednesday & alternating Fridays (full day)
- Tuesdays, Thursdays & alternating Fridays (full day)
- Mornings, 5 days per week
- Afternoons, 5 days per week
We encourage families to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-998-3716 to share with us your second programming preference.
Ready to register? Please click here for simple instructions to guide you.
YOU are Invited to Read with a Child
A Story for Every Child February 24th
Please come and spend an hour with an OLA child sharing a love of reading, introducing them to your favourite book or topic, and simply sitting and talking to a child so they know they matter.
If you would like to participate, please contact your child's teacher. And, please extend the invite to your family and friends.
Spread the word and we hope to see you there!
We are looking for just over 180 Readers...a story for every child.
We have 37/180 readers so far. Thank you to those who have already signed up!
Thank you for helping us reach that goal!
Sign up and bring a friend! :-)
OLA's Learning Commons Project
Thank you to many of our parents who have already donated items and supporting the Learning Commons (Phase I) and Makerspaces (Phase I) Project and come to chat about ways they can help! We are so grateful for your support! We have our first donations of lego, and our first dog bed! Children are starting to see the space change and donations arrive. They are getting excited about their new learning space for growing brains!
Family donations and Coorporate donations are welcome and we are so grateful for all donations! EICS has a charitable donation number for your tax benefit! If your company would like to donate, we will have a letter ready for the end of this week, please contact our amazing secretary, Mrs. Buban through email@example.com or by calling her at 998-3716 and she will gladly share the letter with you. Thank you for continuing to support this very exciting project!
The statement above is the lens we will be working through, and it will guide our path moving forward. If you have any questions, feel free to connect with a member of the OLA Learning Commons Committee: Mrs. Earle, Mrs. Weller, Mme Gravelle, and Mrs. Merrick.
Perhaps you are in the know of others in the Fort Saskatchewan community who are giving these items away or are available at a nominal fee. We do have a small budget to work with. Thank you to Nikki Desaulniers and Lorienna Scouten for volunteering to help with gathering donations and helping with thrifty shopping! If you would like to help be OLA’s thrifty shopper, please connect with Mme Gravelle at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for bringing donations to the office, or emailing email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thank you SO much for supporting this initiative!
It will engage the minds of all OLA children in all of the Competencies!
There is Still Time to Complete Your Survey
If you haven't already done so, please take the time to complete your EICS Assurance survey. Thank you for sharing your voice!
Results from this survey will be used to inform planning at the school and divisional level for the 2020/2021 school year. This survey complements and is provided to all grade 4-12 students, all staff, and all parents in our division. If you have a child in grade 4, 7, or 10 we understand you may have already received a survey from Alberta Education and would appreciate you also completing our survey.
The survey will remain open until Thursday, February 20.
If you have questions please contact us at 780-467-8896, or toll free at 1-800-996-9982.
Your voice matters!
Alberta Education Accountability Pillar Survey - Grade 4 Families
As partners is your child's learning, your voice is important.
For further information about the following, please click the links.
Please contact us at the school if you have any questions about the links above or the Accountability Survey. Again, we appreciate your time and patience with "survey season!"
OLA Staff Growing Brains and Spreading Love
Growing Brains, Sharing Smiles . . . Spreading LOVE!
Introducing Polar Bear Recess!
- Regular recess - children go outside as normal
- Indoor recess - children will play inside, in their classroom and/or in the gym with special indoor recess activities
- Polar Bear Recess - which will be optional for students. Those who are dressed properly will be invited to join Mme Gravelle for outdoor play time! An announcement will be made early in the day to advise children of an upcoming Polar Bear Recess. Thank you for encouraging your child to participate and helping them be prepared for the weather. Those who remain indoors will continue their indoor recess play.
Name the Fire Truck
The City of Fort Saskatchewan and its Fire Department are welcoming two brand new fire trucks to their fleet this spring! They are seeking help from the community in naming these new trucks.
Their contest will run from February 3 until midnight on February 24, 2020. The Fort Saskatchewan Fire Department staff will then choose the top 10 names to be voted on by residents in a Facebook poll. The two winners will be “fire chief of the day” and take home additional prizes.
Looking Ahead . . .
Monday, February 17
- NO SCHOOL - HAPPY FAMILY DAY!
Tuesday, February 18
- OLA Open House 8:45 - 3:15 pm please invite friends & family to check us out!
- OLA Parish Priests visit 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Faith in Action Assembly 12:30 pm - everyone welcome
Wednesday, February 19
- 100 Days of School for our Grade 1 - 4 students!
- Homemade Food Hot Lunch (by pre-order only)
- Grade 4 SLS Wellness Team Meeting
Thursday, February 20
Friday, February 21
- Special Guest presentations for Black History Month - Sponsored by Fort Saskatchewan’s Multicultural Society
- School Day for M/W Kinders
Monday, February 24
- A Story for Every Child 12:30 - 1:30 pm - Please let us know if you are coming so we can sign you up! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Little Further Ahead . . .
February 25 Shrove Tuesday
February 26 Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:30 am at OLA CHURCH
February 27 Pink Shirt Day at OLA!
March 1 First Eucharist Mass & Celebration 2:00 pm
March 4 Power Options
March 4 School Spirit Theme: Green It Up - Wear Green
March 3 Rocks & Rings Curling Presentation Grade 1 - 4
March 8 World Day of Prayer at OLA Church 7:00 pm
March 9-13 Read-A-Thon
March 16-20 - Non Digital Evidence of Learning Portfolios coming home
March 24 & 25 Three Way Conferences
To see what is coming even further ahead, please visit our website calendar.
You can check out our M/W Kinder calendar here,
and our Pre-K AM calendar here.