Dear Marysville Families,
We had a wonderful first full 5 day school week and I am filled with gratitude that the rain held off for our picnic lunches.
This week also marked the start of Latinx/e Heritage Month! At Marysville we will be honoring this special month in a variety of ways.
The wonderful organization Brown Hope Org offers this explanation for the importance of this month.
- It’s common for this month to be described as “Hispanic Heritage Month” by the US government and other mainstream institutions. We recognize that the term Hispanic is tied to Spain and its oppressive colonial history, thus obscuring the diverse and complex communities that fought and won their independence.
We proudly celebrate Latinx/e Heritage Month, in order to center the Indigenous and African roots that are more inclusively represented by the shared identity. It is time to decolonize Hispanic Heritage Month and instead honor and recognize the diverse peoples of Native, Latinx/e, and Black heritage.
We are creating a display case celebrating our Latin American culture at Marysville. If you are of Latin American decent and would like to have a picture of your family in the display case or a story highlighting a family tradition, please email it to the Marysville SUN Site Manager, Audrey Rozell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marysville Upcoming Events
- We are postponing our in person Marysville Open House until April
- Next week we will share welcome videos with you from all of the Marysville teachers and staff.
- We will include videos with information about our TAG, ESL, Special Education and Title 1 Programs
- You are welcome to reach out individually to your classroom teacher anytime by email or Remind messages.
2. Third - Fifth grade students will receive new District Chrome Books on Wednesday 9/22.
- The district is moving to a 1-1 device program for all 3rd -12th grade students.
- A new device will be checked out from the school to each student in grades 3 -5
- Please bring in the old district device and cord that students have been using.
Health and Safety Updates
This program is a collaboration with OHA, OHSU, MCHD and MESD.
The district will begin the process for the OHSU COVID-19 Screening Testing program with K-5 & K-8 schools.
Here is the timeline for this program:
- Week of 9/20 - Marysville School will send out letters to families and collect the Opt-in Forms
- Monday, 9/27 & Tuesday, 9/28 (and Ongoing) - We will process the first batch of Opt-in forms received
- Wednesday 9/29, 10/6 & 10/13 student information will be shared with OHSU
- Once OHSU receives student data and signed forms, they will create a patient record and generate labels for the testing samples. This process will take up to 10 days. OHSU will deliver testing supplies to schools for distribution once this is complete.
Daily Screening for Symptoms
Families please continue to help us keep our community healthy by not sending students to school with any symptoms. See the image below for determining if a child is able to go to school.
Also please let us know as soon as possible if anyone in the family tests positive for COVID-19 or has been in close contact to someone with a positive test. Don't come to the school even for student drop off or pick up. You can email or call us anytime. Over the weekend you can let me know at this phone number (971) 413-1090.
Marysville Family Club
Please join our September meeting this Monday, September 20th from 6:30-7:30 on Google Meet. Here is the link.
The purpose of our group is to meet other parents, share ideas, and create community. At this meeting we will talk about honoring Marysville's 100 year anniversary this year, the upcoming Fun Run, and possible ways to volunteer at Marysville.
Marysville SUN Classes
Applications are due back Wednesday, September 22. Due to smaller class sizes, we will try our best to give each applicant one class a week.
Additional registration forms are available outside the front of our school. If you have any questions, please contact SUN Site Manager, Audrey Rozell at email@example.com or text 503-544-3380.
Please see the attached Fall Schedule below.