EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #16
NOVEMBER 30, 2015
This is one of my favorite times of the year because we get to spoil you – just a little – as we prepare for the Christmas holidays. Kelli & I hope you enjoy REINDEER DAYS that begin today! The PTA will also be doing “The 12 Days of Christmas” for you so you will be doubly spoiled! Enjoy & know that we appreciate you very very much!
The Design Team had a wonderful & productive meeting on Friday. We are working on plans to Transform the library, reduce teacher duty, & a few other things. We have some very progressive thinkers on the Design Team & it’s exciting to see what they are coming up with as we keep evolving as a learning community & strive to make EME the very best school that it can possibly be!
Important Information this week!
- Our Eagle Mountain 25 Rule #6 – Always say "Thank you" when someone gives you something.
- We will send out your Club form to you early this week for you to let us know what you would like to teach when our Enrichment Clubs resume in January. Please return those forms to Drew by Wednesday afternoon.
- For those of you participating in Secret Santa, that will begin on Wednesday.
- This Wednesday radio station KERA will be here to interview some of our Liink teachers about the Liink program around 1:00.
- On Thursday Julie Vu will be on campus to conduct walk-throughs in ELAR classrooms. I will be at a principal's meeting, so Kelli will accompany her to your classes.
- You will be pleased to know that we will postponing Skyping with Elkins until after your Mini-Rise presentations are over in January. That will give you one less thing to worry about, since we know you have a lot on your plate right now! You're welcome!!!
- Teams may sign up for their Mini-Rise presentations which will start in January beginning this Wednesday. We will have a sign-up sheet in our office for you to look at as a team & decide what day & time work best for you.
- Thank you all for stepping up to help provide Sandy with meals this week. I know she is extremely grateful. Her sub is Taylor Lotz & we welcome her to our campus.
Thanks to Angela Cathey for exposing our students to the Hour of Code this week!
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
6th WEEK – SKYPE WITH ELKINS - POSTPONING TILL AFTER MINI RISE
7th WEEK - SKYPE OUTSIDE THE DISTRICT - POSTPONING TILL AFTER MINI RISE
9th WEEK - Mini-Rise coming in January - you've already been given the questions.
You may begin scheduling with us next week.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – Reindeer Days begins, Holiday Shoppe preview for students begins today, PLC’s meet today
Tuesday – Visiting Author is here during students' Block time, Grade level meetings with Kelli - bring your notes, concerns etc. Holiday Shoppe starts today for students
Wednesday – Your team may sign up for their Mini-Rise presentations which will begin in January, Liink observations & Media here to interview Liink teachers – 1:15
Thursday – R-time for grades 2-5, I’m out for principal’s meeting all day, Julie Vu is scheduled to be here for walk-thrus from 8:30 - 10:30 for all ELAR classrooms.
Friday – Wayside Choir 9:45 – 10:15 for 5th grade, Staff Christmas Party at Shanna’s house – 3:30ish – we hope you’ll join us.
- A sincere shout out to Donna McBride, Candice Martin, Karyn Cooper, Dedra Jones, Regina, Tim, & Drew for their contributions at our Design Team meeting on Friday. We got a lot accomplished & everyone’s energy was positive & exciting!
- I’d like to give a BIG shout out to Cathy Wells & Donna McBride who have been making lesson plans for Sandy while she is out. They have graciously stepped up to ensure that learning continues without a hitch. Thank you for being so selfless Cathy & Donna!