By: Olivia Lee
What is Edmodo?
Edmodo is an educational website that takes the ideas of a social network and refines them and makes it appropriate for a classroom. Using Edmodo, students and teachers can reach out to one another and connect by sharing ideas, problems, and helpful tips.
You can add your students (Or their parents for elementary students) to the discussion board and they will be able to look at, and reply to your posts!
It can also be used to collaborate with other teachers.
What can you post?
- Quizzes with or without a time limit
- Polls that your students will be able to respond to
- Assignments and their due dates
Their is a discover tab with hundreds of different resources. Their is a list of todays featured resources. You can also limit the resources by selecting a grade level, subject, or resource type.
Under the Library tab, you can connect with Google Drive, posts that you have been attached to, and folders that you have made. You can also add links and files so you can access them from anywhere.
You can award badges for students' good work
Why I like this tool
- It is very easy to navigate
- You can search for posts, groups, users, apps and more
- It's great for any age level, from elementary to high school.
- I wish that I had something like this when I was in school, I don't know how many times I got home from school, and knew that there was something I needed to do for school, but couldn't remember what! If my teachers used a tool like this, my life would've been a lot easier. (: