Bits & Bytes - Tech In Ten
Curated Tools and Resources for our K-12 Teachers and Staff
Thanks For The Memories
There are many ways to share out your pictures and videos. We have provided instructions for some of the more common and user friendly ways to do this below. Basically, the process involves the following steps.
- Remove pictures and video from your device either by connecting the device to your computer or uploading directly from your device to an online service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or wirelessly to your computer using something like Instashare.
- Choose which application you want to use to create your slideshow.
- Share your slideshow by either sending a link to view online or embed it on your website.
See an example here of a slideshow we created for the 2013 PEEC trip at EP. It honestly did not take more than 10 minutes. If you want to try to do this with your own photos then click here for a simple how to document.
Please know that with your Google Apps account you also have a YouTube Account ... it is same username and password as your Google Account. And remember if you are in the district you have to unblock YouTube to access your account !
Use Narrable For A "Talking" Slideshow
- Open the photos folder of your dropbox account.
- Create one or more folders within the photos folder.
- Each subfolder will then become its own photo gallery.
- Upload your pictures to a subfolder of your photos folder.
- Click on the link next to the folder name and provide email recipient info.
Teacher Sites Slideshows
- Click on the applications tab in your admin area
- Click on slideshows
- Click on categories and give them a name
- Click on add slide show, give it a title and select category
- Click on continue and upload your images, save when done
Here is an example of what the pictures look like when using the teacher site slideshow feature.
Looking For Documentaries???
- Folk Streams: A national preserve of documentary films about American roots cultures.
- PBS Video: Check out the American Experience, Nova, and Nature videos. Many of these can also be embedded into your website.
- Explore: Funded in part by the Annenburg Foundation, Explore is a multimedia foundation that provides a portal into the soul of humanity by championing the selfless acts of others.
- Documentary Tube: This is a catalog site of videos from many sources. You can create playlists of your favorites.
- DocumentaryZ: This is also a catalog site of video resources that can be watched for free.
How To Contact Us
We are available to come to your school or classroom.
We'd love to hear how you are using technology in your classroom.