Room 11 Newsletter
Mrs. Bays and Mrs. Nelson
December 8, 2015 - January 11, 2016
For the remainder of December, we will continue to discuss our holiday traditions. Some of the books we will read include The Mitten, Olive the Other Reindeer, and Corduroy. A few of our centers will include:
- Graphing our favorite candy canes
- Making reindeer hats
- Making gingerbread
- Handprint menorahs
January will usher in our study of winter sights. We will begin the unit by learning all about penguins and their environments!
We will continue learning all about coding! The students will be playing a cooperative game with a partner where they get to both "write" and "read" computer code. The code consists of action cards that the students will line up for a partner to follow. All of our coding activities are leading up to the children having the opportunity to code BeeBots to move in various directions starting in February!
All School Program
Friday, December 18
- Have your child wear jeans and a white shirt.
- Morning Pre-K will perform at 9:00
- Afternoon Pre-K will perform at 1:00
Reminders & Events
- Thursday, December 17 - Pajama Day!
- Friday, December 18 - All School Program at 9:00 and 1:00
- Monday, December 21 - Sunday, January 3 - WINTER BREAK - No School
- Monday, January 18 - MLK Day - No School
- Tuesday, January 19 - Admissions Playdates - No School for Early Childhood Students
- Monday, January 25 - Dolores Evans Speaker Series at 7:00
*Please make sure to wear appropriate shoes on P.E. days and wear red on Fridays.
Ask your child about...
- How do computers know what to do?
- What's your favorite type of candy cane?