Take Injuries Out Of The Kitchen!
Safety first in the Hospitality and Culinary Arts Field
Being safe while working in the kitchen is very important due to all of the hazards, such as knives, machinery, chemicals, etc.
Ex. Knives, Blades
Ex. Pots, Pans, Ovens, Stove/Induction Burners
Ex. Slippery floor, Electric Shock, Heavy Lifting
So what causes injuries in the Kitchen?
Being careless or not following the proper procedures.
- Leaving the stove unattended/tap on
- Taking something hot out of the oven without oven mitts/towels
- Plugging or plugging a cord when wet
- Using a machine incorrectly
- Cutting foods improperly (wrong technique)
- Not wearing proper footwear
... And many more!
Health and Safety in the kitchen
Prevention of Injuries
- Be attentive
- Be responsible
- Don't fool around and take each action/matter seriously
- Ask for help if needed or unsure about something
- Don't leave things that can be dangerous, unattended
- Protect yourself and others
- Wear the right gear
- Use machinery, tools and equipment properly and safely
"Kitchen for Trouble"
Overall, always make sure you know what you are doing. Help yourself and others to have a peaceful moment while preparing foods in the kitchen. It is a place to make great creations and produce delicious meals. So don't turn it into a crime scene. Be safe and take the injuries out of the kitchen!
Photos & Diagrams: