News from the Nest
September 22, 2017
The Week Ahead
- Deadline to sign up to be a Homeroom Coordinator or Parent (see Classroom Holiday Socials section below) Sign Up for Homeroom Parties/Socials
Monday 9/25 (day 1)
- KidStuff Orders, Money AND/OR returned books due
- Chorus Contracts for 4th and 5th Grade students due
Tuesday 9/26 (day 2)
- 6:30-7pm - Home & School Committee Chair Meeting. Location: Library
- 7-8pm - Home & School Homeroom Parent & Coordinator Meeting (for parents interested in attending holiday parties/socials). Location: Library
Wednesday 9/27 (day 3)
- Hearing Screenings
- Town Hall Meeting for students 10-10:30am
Thursday 9/28 (day 4)
Friday 9/29 (day 1)
- VF Spirit Day - wear Blue and Yellow/Gold or VF Spirit Wear!
- Deadline to complete Volunteer form (Hands Across the District) online!
Classroom Holiday Socials
1. Homeroom Coordinator: lead the effort to plan the socials and be the "point person" for the teacher. We need one per classroom!
2. Homeroom Parent (in-class help): 5 parents are permitted to attend each social. Jobs include leading games/crafts, serving snack, and taking yearbook pictures.
3. Homeroom Parent (at-home help): Help brainstorm ideas for activities and snacks and/or send in supplies for the party.
Please consider volunteering for one or several of these roles! This year, sign up is part of the Hands Across the District online form. If you are interested, please sign up by TONIGHT, Friday 9/22!
A meeting for Homeroom Coordinators and Parents will be held on Tuesday 9/26 7-8pm. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Kurtz at email@example.com. Thank you!
Kid Stuff Books
Hands Across the District - Volunteer Sign Up
Interested in Volunteering at our school? There is a little over 1 week left to fill out our online Hands Across the District form! It takes just a few short minutes to complete, and there are opportunities that require as much or little time as you are able to contribute. There are also jobs that can be done completely from home! All submissions should be completed by Friday, September 29. Thank you in advance for your help!
Four Easy Ways to Fundraise
Save the Date!
- Student Directory forms due
- 7-8pm Home & School Meeting. Location: Library
- Parent/Teacher Conference Forms will be sent home in Communicator envelopes
- Parent/Teacher Conference Forms due
- NO SCHOOL - Act 80 Day for Teachers
Monday 10/16 - Wednesday 10/18
- TB Testing at VF for Volunteers
- Race for Education- We are currently looking for a Committee Chair(s) to run our primary fundraiser, Race for Education. We depend on this large fundraiser at the end of the year to fund the following year. We need to get a team together soon so we can have trainers come in to teach us how to run the new online version of Race. If you are interested, please contact Meg Dick firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yearbook- Our current Yearbook committee is looking for help with this year's Yearbook as well as someone to begin learning the website. The students love receiving the Yearbook each year and it is a great way to preserve memories from year to year. If you are interested, please contact Sandra Esposito at email@example.com.
- Holiday Shoppe- Our Holiday Shoppe Committee is looking for some leadership help during the student shopping days, especially in the mornings. Holiday Shoppe will be held from December 4-8th and is a time where students can purchase holiday gifts for family members and learn the joy of giving. If you are interested, please contact Sandra Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diane Gerhart at email@example.com.
Reminder: all volunteers must fill out the Registration and Disclosure Statement and return it to the office. There are also copies available in the Vernfield office.
Information about additional clearances needed can be found here.