Nixon Elementary School
8/24/23 - New (to Sudbury) Student Orientation
8/30/23 - First Day of School Grades 1-8
8/30/23-8/31/23 - Kindergarten and PK Welcome Days
9/1/23 - Kindergarten and PK Welcome Days
9/4/23 - Labor Day
9/5/23 - First Day of School Kindergarten and PK
9/13/23 - Early Release Day, Dismissal at 11:45 a.m.
9/25/23 - No School
A Note From Principal Woods
I hope you have are enjoying a beautiful summer! The Woods Family certainly has been having fun. We have spent a lot of time up in Rangeley, Maine boating and having times at the lake. Summer is a great time to slow down and spend quality time with friends and family. I hope that you are having a nice summer!
1. The mosaics, by artist Joshua Winer, are installed on our playground blacktop and look fabulous! Thank you to our Nixon families and to the Massachusetts Cultural Council STARS Grant for funding this amazing experience. Our PTO dedicated a large portion of their fundraising to this beautiful addition to our school.
2. There have been ADA compliant upgrades made to 7 additional classroom sinks. This is in addition to 2 classrooms having sink upgrades at the end of the 2022-2023 school year. Lavatories throughout the school have also been adapted to meet the needs of the greater community. Specifically, when creating sink spaces that accompany the needs of all children the height and space used is adapted. When adapting these spaces the sink, counter top, faucet, paper towel, and soap dispenser are measured carefully in accordance with the ADA accessibility standards. These standards have been a main focus for our schoolhouse and the grounds.
3. Class Placement will be posted on August 16 by 4 p.m. through the Follett Aspen Family Portal. If you are a new family to Nixon School or you have an incoming kindergarten student, a placement letter is being mailed to you and you will likely receive it by August 16. Sudbury Central Office plans to mail these out on August 14.
The following is a listing of our classroom teachers:
The following is a listing of our ACCESS Continuum teachers:
Kindergarten through Second Grade
Third Grade through Fifth Grade
The following is a listing of our Learning Center teachers:
In addition to our classroom teachers are educators that support children throughout the school day. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Tutors and Teaching Assistants focus on the differentiation and care required when providing a school day that allows for all things fun, social, and academic for every child.
4. Nixon School supply list can be found here: 2023-2034 Nixon School Supply List
5. The SPS calendar is on the district website and can be found here for your convenience. Please note that the first day of school for grades 1-8 is Wednesday, August 30. Students in kindergarten will participate in Visit Days at an assigned time during August 30 - September 1. The first day for kindergarten students is Tuesday, September 5.
6. Nooks for children and staff to use are placed in our cafeteria to provide accessible lunch and meeting spaces that decrease noise. These Nooks have been provided to Nixon School from the Sudbury Education Resource Fund (SERF). SERF funds grants that promote innovation and enrichment across the schools.
Enjoy your summer and I look forward to connecting very soon!
Nixon School Principal