Poe's Biographical Critique
- Eleonora is the name of the cousin hat the narrator is in love with.
- Poe fell in love with his cousin, Virginia
- There was a 14 year age difference
- Eleonora dies
- Virginia dies as well after five great years of marriage
- The narrator deals with sadness and depression throughout his life
- While it was never known if Poe struggled with depression
- However, he struggled with much sadness throughout his life
- His life was very dark
- Before Eleonora's death, she told the narrator her fear of him leaving and loving another after she had passed. He promised that he would never love anyone again.
- Poe never loved another woman after Virginia's death
- The narrator had found himself in an unfamiliar place in the story
- Poe had gotten drunk one night, rode a train too far and ended up in a place he had never been
- He was found unconscious on the ground and was taken to the hospital