Coca-Cola Sustainability Plan
Distributor and Producer of non-alcoholic beverages
2. Lead the industry
3. Innovate for the future
- Reduce the carbon footprint of the drink in your hand by a third.
- Grow they business, but reduce the absolute carbon footprint of business operations by 15%.
- Manufacture every litre of product with 50% less carbon emissions.
- Deliver a case of product with 20% less carbon emissions.
- Reduce the carbon emissions from their cold drinks equipment by an average of 35%.
- Purchase only HFC free coolers from 1st January 2013.
- Source 35% of manufacturing energy from renewable/ low-carbon sources.4
- Work in partnership with their suppliers to reduce carbon emissions across each stage of their value chain.
- Reduce by 25% the amount of material they use across all packaging formats.
- Include recycled aluminium, steel and glass in respective packaging formats.
- Ensure that their PET bottles set the standard for sustainable packaging, using the optimal combination of recycled PET and PET from plant-based materials.
- Ensure 100% of their cans and bottles are fully recyclable.
- Send zero waste to landfill from their own manufacturing sites and reduce the amount of waste they generate.
- Recycle more packaging than they use, by championing improvements to collection schemes and investing in strategic recycling infrastructure projects.
- Increase packaging recovery rates by using their brands to educate and inspire consumers to recycle more often.
--By the numbers
-48% Decrease in Packaging Carbon Footprint
-7% in Manufacturing Carbon Footprint
-6% in Distribution Carbon Footprint
-23% in Refrigeration Carbon Footprint
- In France, their reformulated Fanta Still uses Truvia, a zero calorie natural sweetener
- They are continuously expanding their product range to offer more choice and convenience, meet new consumer requirements and serve different lifestyles and occasions.
They want to help people manage their calorie intake and energy balance by providing a wide range of products, and by encouraging them to adopt active lifestyles.