WPMS 7th Grade
Somewhere in the Middle
May 21, 2021
Could it be that we only have one more week of school? Yes, it could!! Please continue to encourage kids to stay focused and finish the year strong. 7th graders will be continuing work through this last week, so there is still a great deal of opportunity to learn, grow and improve grade status over this time. Keep reading for specific class updates below :)
Have a great weekend!
The cars are multiplying!!!
After School Academic Assistance
During this last week of school, teachers will no longer be offering after school support. We appreciate all of the hard work that has been put in by the students who have taken advantage of the opportunity to stay after with us!
Monday: Anatomy review, safety guidelines and frog dissection virtual practice in class
Wednesday: Frog dissections during regular science class
The dissections will not be a new grade or required, however we would like all students to participate in this learning event. If for any reason you prefer that your student not participate in this activity, please contact his/her science teacher to make alternate plans.
So what are kids doing next week??
Tuesday: Modified schedule for Color Run (opportunity to complete work in morning)
- Students are encouraged to wear white during the run.
- Students should bring a change of clothes for after the run.
- All donations and permissions slips are due ASAP!! Students who do not have a permission slip will watch the Color Run from the bleachers.
Wednesday: Regular academic day
- Chromebooks will be returned to library at the end of the day. Be sure to have kids bring chargers with chromebooks this day!!
- Students attending summer school can keep chromebooks until summer school is finished.
- Last full schedule day, and last opportunity to improve grades/submit projects/master PFAs or AFAs
Thursday: Modified Schedule (9-12)
- Students will not need any academic materials or lunch, so no backpacks necessary
- Students will participate in 7th grade activities both inside and outside, so please dress accordingly (and consider putting sunscreen on in the morning)
- Students will be dismissed at noon for the summer!
Your Seventh Grade Team
Amy Smith: English and Social Studies
Amanda Seiltz: English and Social Studies
Cathy Martin: Math and Science
Nicole Vergenz: Physical Education and Mentor
Josh Davidson: Art and Mentor
Danielle Park: Vocal Music and Mentor
Mindy Wiley: Math and Science
Team Fly Daily Schedule
Team Fly Teachers:
Danielle Park/Josh Davidson
Team Rad Daily Schedule
Team Rad Teachers:
Have a great weekend!!
Woodland Park School District Re-2 does not unlawfully discriminate against otherwise qualified students, employees, applicants for employment, or members of the public on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age, genetic information, and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth; is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law.