News from 4th grade
Week of 9/19 in the books!
News at a Glance
- Math: This week we'll be reviewing rounding for those who had a difficult time with it and beginning prime numbers and factors.
- If you haven't done so already, please send a pair of headphones in with your child to help with noise distractions during class time.
- At one point this week we had 6 friends absent...yikes...please do your best to avoid illness!
- Our school-wide picnic will be this Friday, 9/30 from 11:30-12:30
- The class voted to have "Snack Friday" for their ROAR reward for next week - please send a snack for the class if you can the week of 10/1
- Happy Fall!
What we're learning this week!
Intervention groups with the reading specialists will begin on Wednesday. Please let me know if you have any questions about your child's learning plan.
Science: Rocks and Minerals
Next week we will explore different rocks and minerals and discuss their hardness and properties along with streak tests.
Coming soon: My Pet Rock project and Science test. Stay tuned for next week's issue.
Math: Rounding, Prime Numbers, Factors, and Fluency
On Tuesday, we will have our fluency quiz that includes the 0, 1, 2, and 3 fact families of multiplication. Each student will have 2 minutes to answer 50 questions. Please use the flashcards that were sent home for extra help.
Book Buddies with Miss Becker's 1st grade class
Book buddies will be every Day 2 from 11:00-11:15
Halloween / Autumn Party
ROAR Friday Rewards for Friday 9/30 and 10/7
Next Friday, 10/7, our class has voted to have a Snack Day for their reward. Please send in snacks the week of 10/2 for us to enjoy on Friday for their weekly reward. We have a shellfish allergy in our class. I would greatly appreciate any donation!