Rātā Street School newsletter
Special Newsletter - Coronovirus update 12 - 12th Aug 2020
Taloha ni, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Malo e lelei, Manh Goi, Xin chao, Sawat Dee, Namaste, Hallo, Salamoahlakom, Kumusta, Assalamu Alaikum, Nabad, Gruetzi, Bonjour, Ni sa bula, Ola, Talofa lava, Kia ora, Kia orana, Nǐ hǎo, Hello and “Gidday”.
School is Safe but we need to Play it Safe
Although I was hoping that we would not move up to a higher alert level last nights announcement was not unexpected - it had to happen sometime! A reassuring thing for parents - we are prepared.
Alert level 2 - Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th, and Friday 14th (at this stage).
As we did the last time we were in Alert Level 2 we will focus on:
- maintaining physical distancing
- good hygiene practices
- keeping track of people who enter the school
- staying away from school if unwell
Other changes to our normal routine are:
- Drop off and pick up is from outside the classrooms
- Children should arrive at school from between 8.30am and 8.50am
- Entry to the school is still restricted, and entry to the school from 9.00am to 3.00pm is through the front entrance
- Parents and visitors have to sign in
- A staggered interval and lunch time limits the number of children in the playground
- Increased hand washing and sanitising
- Children that are unwell will be sent home
Food and drink (water)
Children need to bring a snack for morning tea, and something for lunch. Because the water fountains are not being used – a drink bottle (water) is also needed.
Students who have turned five or are new to the neighborhood are welcome to enroll. Please contact the school to discuss a transition into our school, and the enrolment process.
MindPlus - continues as usual
Music lessons – Goodtime Music - continues as usual