CCAHS August 2019 Update
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year. We hope you have all enjoyed a fun and relaxing summer! Here are some important dates to be aware of and some good reminders to get the year started in the right way.
9th Grader and New Student Orientation, HS Auditorium, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
First Day of School Early Out, 1:20 dismissal
Second Day of School Early Out, 1:20 dismissal
High School Open House Night, High School, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Homecoming Dance, High School, 8:00pm - 11:00pm
CCA STUDENTS ONLY
Important Senior Information
Dear Parent/Guardian of Future CCA Senior,
The Iowa Department of Public Health has made changes to the Iowa Immunization Law. These changes require that all students entering 12th grade have a Meningococcal (A,C,W,Y) vaccine before school starts on August 26, 2019 (or a valid certificate of exemption). Please note that the Meningococcal B vaccine does not meet the requirement. Per the state, there will be no grace/extension period for implementation of this requirement. That means if we do not have proof of this vaccine before the first day of school, your child may not attend school until proof is provided.
To meet the requirement, students need 1 dose of the Meningococcal (A,C,W,Y) vaccine after the age of 16 years or 2 doses between the ages of 11 and 16 years.
If your child has already had the vaccine(s) or you have a certificate of exemption for the vaccine and you have not sent us that information yet, please forward the certificate to us by faxing to 319-545-2863 or by mailing or dropping off to the high school.
If your child has not had the vaccine or needs a second vaccine to meet the requirement, please make an appointment to get that done before school starts in August. Forward the updated certificate to us as soon as the vaccine is received.
Thanks for your time and attention to this requirement.
Kathy Campbell, RN
CCA School Nurse
Parking Lot Information
At the end of the school day, all high school parking lot traffic will be required to exit directly to Highway 6 until all buses have left the middle school. The access road will not be open and traffic will be turned back to the high school lot.
- Registration and Fees – It is very important that Registration is complete before the 1st day of school. All fees and fines should be taken care of as soon as possible. IF REGISTRATION FEES AREN’T PAID, STUDENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE A CHROMEBOOK TO START THE YEAR.
- Chromebooks will be handed out the first day of school. Students will start the day by reporting to their Advisory to pick up a Chromebook tag.
- Physicals and Concussion Forms – All physical forms and concussion forms need to be turned in to the Main Office as soon as possible. Athletes are not allowed to participate without the correct (and updated) forms on file.
- School Supplies – Basic school supplies are recommended for the first two days of high school (folders, notebooks, pens, pencils, etc). After the first days of classes, teachers will let students know of any specific items that would be needed for those classes.
- Schedule Changes – Students are encouraged to come to school this week to work with Mr. Reisinger and Mrs. Kite. It is a good idea to call or email to set up an appointment.
- iReady Testing – This will take place on September 3rd and 5th. It is important (more important than usual) that your student be in school those days.