NEWS FROM THE NEST
Community Conversations on Racial Equity
Tri 1 Progress Reports
PUSD VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIR
Students under the age of 18 years of age are required by state law to have a work permit issued through their home school. During virtual learning, students can drop off completed work permit applications (form B1-1) and school forms with our security team at the front office on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please expect three to four days for processing. Click HERE for specific instructions and to download printable forms.
Del Norte Athletics - Ticket to Play
Attention Parents/Guardians of students interested in trying out for sports during the 2020-21 school year:
- Parent/Guardians and students are required to complete and submit paperwork before tryouts also called “Ticket to Play Paperwork”. See the Ticket to Play Page on the athletics website.
- A Pre-Participation Physical Exam is required. We recommend parent/guardians contact your family doctor to set up an appointment.
- The Medical History/Physical forms must be uploaded into DragonFly. We will not be collecting the hard copies this year. Parent/Guardians should keep the hard copies in a safe place for the school year.
- Ticket to Play Due Dates (there are only 2 sport seasons this year):
- Season 1: December 1, 2020
- Season 2: February 1, 2021
- If you have questions/concerns, visit the DNHS Athletic Website for contact information.
Del Norte Athletics - Strength & Conditioning Program
Be sure to visit the DNHS Athletics Home page for updated information on COVID-19 and CIF protocols. Our strength and conditioning program is a huge success and most sessions are full. If you are interested in participating in the S&C workouts or have a general athletics question, please email Bob Spahn at email@example.com.
Legacy Brick Campaign
The Del Norte High School Athletic Foundation would like to join you in celebrating your Senior. We have created an opportunity to leave your mark at The Nest by participating in the Legacy Brick Campaign. With the help of our sponsors, we have built a Nighthawk monument on campus that has many uniquely engraved bricks. These bricks have been purchased by families to commemorate their student’s time at Del Norte. Whether on the court or field, or in the classroom or on stage, adding a brick to this growing monument is a great way to celebrate your student's accomplishments .
We invite you to LOG IN HERE and design a brick to honor your Senior's hard work and dedication and help them forever leave their mark on campus. There are different bricks and ways to customize your engraved message. Please check out and enjoy creating a lasting message that your student can visit as an alumni in years to come.
PTA’s Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life.
The theme for the 2020-2021 program year is I Matter Because....
Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Submission deadline is October 26, 2020. The submission link is shared on the DNHS PTSA website: https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Schools/HS/DNHS/Parents/PTSA/Reflections
Please contact our Reflection’s chair Fauzia at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!