Outer Planet Project
- The surface temperature is about -234F. The atmosphere is mostly made of molecular hydrogen and helium.
- The size of Jupiter is 43,441 miles. The density of the planet is 1.33 g/cm^3.
- Jupiter's gravity is 24.79 m/s^2.
- The planet is predominantly made of hydrogen and helium.
- Jupiter has at least 63 moons that we know of.
- Jupiter completes an orbit around the Sun every 11.86 years.
- Jupiter's has the fastest rotation out of all the planets and completes rotation on its axis in less than 10 hours.
- There is water vapor in the cloud tops.
- There could be life because of the water on the planet.
- There is evidence of plate tectonics diving underneath eachother.
- Saturn's atmosphere is mostly made of hydrogen with some helium. It's surface temperature ranges from -280F and -170F.
- The size of the planet is 36,184 miles. And it's density is 687.00 kg/m^3
- Saturn's gravity is 10.44 m/s^2
- Saturn is a giant gas planet and is made of hydrogen and helium, with small amounts of mthane and ammonia.
- The planet has 31 known moons.
- It takes Saturn 10,759 Earth days to finish one revolution around the Sun.
- It's rotation period is 10 hours and 39 minutes.
- The moon Enceladus has water on it and sometimes rains onto Saturn.
- No, because of the high pressure, strong winds, and cold temperatures.
- Scientists have spotted some volcanoes on Saturn.
- The atmosphere is primarily composed of hydrogen and helium. It's surface temperature is -357F.
- Uranus is 15,759 miles and it's density is 1.27 g/cm^3.
- The planet's gravity is 8.69 m/s^2.
- Uranus is composed of ice, ammonia, and methane.
- The planet has 27 known moons.
- Uranus orbits the Sun once every 84 Earth years.
- The rotation period is 17 hours and 14 minutes and it rotates clockwise.
- There are traces of water in the atmosphere.
- There probably can't be life on Uranus because it has no solid surface.
- There is no evidence of plate tectonics on Uranus.
- The planet's atmosphere consists of hydrogen and helium, with a little methane, water, ammonia, and other ices. The temperature can dip down to -218C.
- The size of the planet is 15,299 miles and the density is 1.64 g/cm^3.
- The gravity of Neptune is 11.15 m/s^2.
- Neptune is made up of cold gases like hydrogen, helium, and methane.
- The planet has 13 known moons.
- It completes its orbit every 164.79 years.
- The rotation period of Neptune is 16.11 years.
- Its atmosphere contains water.
- There is not possibility of life on Neptune because there is no liquid water and extremely cold water.
- There is no evidence of plate tectonics on Neptune