Updates from Mrs. Froning
February 24, 2019
PTA Bingo Night Survey from the PTA
Wednesday, March 6th at 7:00 pm Child Care will be provided!
1. Building, Infrastructure & Equity Bond proposal (May 7th election) We will welcome a member of our School Board as well as a member of the District Administration team to share information and answer questions.
2. Scarlet's Smile- We will welcome a member of the Scarlet's Smile foundation to learn more about the amazing barrier free playground that is coming to Commerce Township (located near the new Commerce Township Library). Scarlet's Smile is chosen charity for our Annual Charity Volleyball game (vs. Wixom Elementary) which will be on Friday, April 12th.
Kindergarten 2019-2020 (Graduating class of 2032!)
Girls on the Run: Spaces are limited! Join now!
All girls in grades 3rd - 5th are invited to attend a brief assembly/meeting on Wednesday, February 27th at 2:40 in the cafeteria.
Questions can be sent to Elisabethlockwood@gmail.com.
2019-2020 WLCSD Calendar is now available!
· We will start the school year prior to Labor Day again.
· Late starts (middle school) and early release (high schools) have been eliminated.
· There are several half-days throughout the school year.
As we have in the past, we will offer a reduced rate Prime Time Care service on each of these half days.
You might be wondering...Why are there so many half days?
Throughout the school year, there are eight half days that will be used for staff professional development. We recognize that half days can be inconvenient for families. That said, research has shown that when teachers receive ongoing, job-embedded professional development, they can increase student achievement by as much as 21 percentile points (Source). As a school and district, we are committed to continuous improvement and these eight half days are an essential part of that commitment. Although they may seem inconvenient, staff development opportunities are crucial to ensure we provide an exemplary education for our children.
Wednesday, March 6th
- PTA General Membership Meeting 7:00 pm Child Care provided
Monday, March 18th
- PTA Family Literacy Night - more information coming soon!
Monday, March 18th - Friday, March 22nd
- PTA/Scholastic Book Fair
Friday, March 22nd
- 1/2 for Students-Dismissal at 11:18am: Staff Professional Learning in the afternoon
Tuesday, March 26th
- 4th Grade Music Performance 7:00 pm
Thursday, March 28th
- Spring Picture Day! more information coming later this month
Debra Bradshaw, Principals Secretary
Karen Clark, Building Secretary