St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: April 13, 2020
On Sunday, Christians all over the world celebrated life and the joy of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter remains a source of great joy and hope - hope of eternal life for all Christians.
This Easter was certainly different from anything we have experienced in our lifetime. Quite possibly like you, this year, we had a family prayer service via Zoom, which included the readings of the day, music, prayer intentions, gratitude moments, and more.
The Coronavirus, stay-at-home orders from our Governor, social distancing, and incessant hand-washing have certainly impacted our daily lives. Despite all, the resurrection of Jesus reminds us day after day -- and in a particular way this Easter, that no matter how dark it is, there is light -- the light of Christ -- is always more powerful than darkness.
No matter how challenging or difficult this time is in our world, there is love -- the love of Christ -- that fills us with new life.
Mrs. Tracy Brunelle, Principal
Music Monday: April 13, 2020
- Easter Monday: No School
- Music is so healing right now. Submit the song that you find yourself listening to right now..the songs that touch your heart, make you dance in your kitchen and bring you joy. Add selections to ViatoriansRUs or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are able, send a recording of you playing your favorite instrument, singing, or dancing instead!
Teacher Tuesday: April 14, 2020
- Classes resume at 8 am
- Send your teacher a kind note or video note of appreciation.
Worship Wednesday: April 15, 2020
- Spend some time with God today.
Thankful Thursday: April 16, 2020
- What are you thankful for? Share on Viatorians R Us or email email@example.com
- Additionally, the nurses, pharmacists, doctors, respiratory therapist, lab workers, cleaning crew, and many more hospital workers are working to help COVID 19 patients daily. Don't forget mail carriers, delivery workers, grocery store workers, police, fire, and all first responders. Take a moment today and send a thank you note to lift the spirits of the workers.
Family Friday: April 17, 2020
- Spend some time making memories with your family today; build a fort, watch a movie, make a pizza...have fun today! We like to match our dinner selection to the movie of the night. At our house, we've made ratatouille while watching Ratatouille. We've watched Jungle Book and then turned off the power (wifi) to the house and tried to prepare a meal in the dark jungle of our backyard. Be creative. Snap a picture and share your ideas with other families on ViatoriansRUs or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6th Grader, Justin's Incredible THUNDERBIRD Flyover Video is featured in Viatorian Article!
Out of the mouths of our babes...
So we continue to pray to our mom and her co workers that they would be vaccinated by the precious blood of Jesus Christ and no virus can harm them. Thank you mom for working above and beyond. We are proud of you and greatly appreciate all you do.
Bono & Heart Opulencia
Final 2019-20 Statements
We apologize for the delay in providing final statements.
When we received word last month that we would be temporarily closing to prevent further spread of the Coronavirus, our primary focus was on our students and families to insure that we had a plan approved and executed for the continuation of learning. Now that we are settled into that routine, we began to work on credits to accounts for April lunches not eaten, class trips not taken, etc. Here is a recap:
April Hot Lunch
March vendors were prepaid and we do not anticipate refund, although, we are still trying to sort out. April Hot Lunch will be credited to your account in the amount paid.
Class Trips Not Taken
1st Grade Discovery Museum, 3rd Grade Clark County Museum, 4th Grade Red Rock, 5A Courthouse, 7th Grade BGHS. $25 for each trip not taken will be credited back to your account.
8th Grade Graduation Brunch
We are missing valuable preparation time and do not feel that we will be comfortable meeting in large groups in tight quarters. Thus, it is with a heavy heart that we have elected to cancel this year's Graduation Brunch. We are crediting $125 of the Graduation fee set aside for this venue. We have all other materials in place for Graduation and we are evaluating future dates. Stay tuned.
ACH/Credit Card transactions have been held pending final statements. Final statements should be sent home at the end of this week, early next week. All late fees for March until the end of the school year have been waived. Please contact Mrs. Renee Alex at email@example.com or Mrs. Tracy Brunelle at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.