Pendleton Elementary Primary
December 7, 2018
- 12/10 80th Day of School, Dress like the 80s
- 12/11 2nd Gr Robotics Club 3:30pm-5:00pm
- 12/11 4th Gr Drama Club Mtg 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/12 Student Council Mtg 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/12 5th Gr Drama Club Mtg 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/13 1st Gr Robotics Club 3:30pm-5:00pm
- 12/13 6th Gr Drama Club Mtg 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/13 School Board Mtg 7:00pm
- 12/17 Math Bowl Tryouts 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/19 Kindergarten Art & Music Show 6:30pm-7:30pm
- 12/19 Math Bowl Tryouts 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 12/20 Ugly Sweater day
- 12/20 4th Gr Wax Museum 10:00am-11:00am
- 12/21 Grinch dress up day (no face paint)
- 12/22-1/6 WINTER BREAK, SCHOOLS CLOSED
- 1/7 School Resumes
- 1/10 School Board Mtg 7:00pm
- 1/14 PTO Mtg, PESP library 6:30pm-7:30pm
- 1/15 Parent Information Night 5:30pm-6:30pm
- 1/17 Student Council Mtg 3:30pm-4:30pm
- 1/21 Martin Luther King, Jr Day (SCHOOL IN SESSION, SNOW MAKE-UP DAY)
- 1/22 100th Day of School
- 1/22 Family Fun Night 5:30pm-7:00pm
- 1/23 Science Fair 3:30pm-5:00pm
- 1/25 PTO Movie Matinee, Paddington 2, 3:30pm-5:00pm
Kids' Connection Weather Information
On delay days Kids' Connection will still open on time for those students enrolled in the program. If school goes from a delay to a closure, the program will also close. Kids' Connection will close 2 hours after the closure is called, by 7:30am.
Lost and Found
Be Prepared.... Think Ahead
Outside playtime is a very important part of the total elementary school program. Pendleton Elementary students have outside recess when the temperature is above 20 F (adjusted for wind chill), unless inclement weather, or a safety concern exists. Please make sure your child is dressed for the colder weather.
November Horseshoe Honor Code
Toys for Tots
Science Fair 2019!
Start saving your Box Tops- collection for our school begins in February. Every clipping counts!
The Pendleton Elementary Robotics Club's 2nd meeting dates and permission slips are in the offices of each Elementary School. All club meeting times are 3:30 to 5:00pm. Please get a permission slip and read the pick-up directions carefully. There are only 15 spots available for each meeting.
4th Grade Tuesday, 12-4-18
3rd Grade Thursday, 12-6-18
2nd Grade Tuesday, 12-11-18
1st Grade Thursday, 12-13-18
Calling all Drama Club students!!
School Counselor's Corner
Our Project Care focus this week was on the Character Trait of Responsibility. Responsibility is one of the key core foundations of our Horseshoe Honor Code. Responsible citizens always do what they are supposed to do even if it isn’t the most popular thing to do. They always plan ahead, persevere, do their best, use self-control, stay self-disciplined, and are always accountable for their words, actions, and attitudes.
Responsible students also help keep our school safe by helping support students when they see that others are being mistreated. If students ever see or hear of anyone being ridiculed, harassed, or mistreated at school, it is their responsibility to do something or report it to someone at the school. We always tell students that they are not only responsible for the things that they do, but also the things that they choose not to do. If they see someone being mistreated or in danger and don’t report it, they aren’t being a responsible citizen.
Always remember that you are the greatest role-model that your children have. Try to model for them how to show "grit" when a situation gets tough for you. Share some examples with your children of how you have showed "grit" in the past. If your student sees you quit very easily and quickly after trying something, they are more likely to do the same. Share your expectations of them when they face a difficult task. When you see them struggling with a task, instead of doing it yourself or even starting to help, try and find ways to encourage your child to persevere and help them think through the situation.
Until next week......
Reminder: Textbook Rental Payments are now due!
Please pay as soon as possible to avoid collections!
Kindergarten - $139.22
First Grade - $110.34
Second Grade - $103.12
Third Grade - $134.18
Fourth Grade - $141.83
Fifth Grade - $167.86
Sixth Grade - $164.08