Technology Tools for Science
Science iPad Apps
Cool Google Chrome Tools
- Build Your Own Rubics Cube - https://chrome.com/cubelab
- Build Your Own Legos Structures - http://www.buildwithchrome.com/
- Zygote Body Builder (formerly Google Body) - http://www.zygotebody.com/
- Biodigital Human - https://www.biodigitalhuman.com/home/ ipad app
- Virtual Science Fair for age 13-18 - https://www.googlesciencefair.com/en/
- Geoguesser - https://geoguessr.com/ http://geosettr.com/
- Earth Picker - http://www.earth-picker.com/
- Google Sky - http://www.google.com/sky/
- 100,000 Stars - http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/
- Connected Classrooms - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100662407427957932931
- Google Knowledge Searching Tool - http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/search/knowledge.html
- Google Trends - http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends/visualize?nrow=4&ncol=5&pn=p1
My Favorite Curation Tools
Use these tools to bookmark content and share with students.
- My Example: Evolution
2. Scoop It
- My Example: Design Qualities Projects
- My Example: Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers
- My Example: Water Pollution Resources
Quizzes and Games
Cram - create a list of terms and definitions. Play in game format. https://www.cram.com/
Play my cell organelle example here.
Socrative - create quizzes, exit tickets, and has one game option. www.socrative.com
Passing Out and Collecting Assignments
Google Classroom - set up classes to pass out assignments and turn in work. Can use desktop/ laptops and iPads.
Seesaw - iPad app set up classes. Pass out assignments. Journal of student learning. Invite parents to join.
Graphite - Website with information about tech apps, resources, ratings, and lesson ideas.
Problem Attic - Website with searchable questions from state assessments.
Smore - create newsletters and flyers easily and email them to parents and students.
Nearpod - presentation tool which can assess learning and gives instant feedback