Careers in Education

Elementary Teacher, Counselor, Middle School Teacher

Elementary School Teacher

You will need a bachelor's degree and completed approved teacher training program.

All teachers in a public school has to be licensed by the state.


Many states require that you have a state school counseling certification and have completed at least some graduate course work. You must hold a masters degree in counseling from a regionally accredited college or university. Some states also require in public schools for you to have teaching experience.

Middle School Teacher

All 50 states require teachers to be licensed in public schools. A bachelor's degree is required.