Newsletter Term Two Week 9
Reporoa College 1st July 2022
Kia Ora All,
This term has been a rollercoaster, with covid and winter illnesses rearing their ugly head. This caused an impact on staff and students alike. Even so we have still managed to move ahead and have enjoyed many events and activities. Pride week was celebrated here at school along with Matariki celebrations. We are looking forward to and planning an even greater event next year.
This week we conducted a successful Lockdown practise which is part of our Health and Safety Management protocol.
Our year 7 & 8s have enjoyed the ASB Bank come in talking to them about financial literacy. Our seniors have attended two different road safety expos which have given them valuable tips, plans and strategies when behind the wheel or when being driven by others. These are annual events are sponsored by Lakes Council, BOC, vtnz, Bridgstone and Rotary.
Lately we have been gathering feedback from students and staff on our school culture and relationships, this will give us information on how we best suit the needs of all of our students and engage them in learning. We engaged Core Education to complete these surveys and they will be reporting back in Term 3.
The Board of Trustees will also be sending out a survey in the holidays that will ask questions about the charter, values and strategic goals. This is done every year to check that the school is heading in the right direction. Look out for an email in the first week of the holidays. There will also be a few questions regarding the uniform as we are looking at different options and possible changes to make our uniform more affordable and practical.
School Reports will be heading out in the first week of the holidays with parent/caregiver interviews to be held in the first week of term 3. There will be an interview booking link sent out with the reports.
Winter sport is well underway with basketball, netball, bowls and other sports playing weekly. I wish to thank the parents that have set up the rugby parent group which will help the college to reinvigorate the sport for both boys and girls. We have plans in place for the under 14 team next year and the boys and girls 7’s teams have been well received, it is going to be a tough job for the coaches to select the teams.
After 17 years of service to the school our Deputy Principal Jane Goss will be leaving us at the end of this term to take a position up north. We are holding an assembly on Friday the 8th July at 1:30, everyone is welcome and invited to attend and wish Jane farewell.
REPOROA COLLEGE IS SEEKING APPLICATIONS AS FOLLOWS -
Boys Under 14 Rugby Coach,
Assistant Coach and Manager for the 2023 season.
If you are interested in either role please forward your resume with
relevant experience via email to Andrew McKay at email@example.com
Applications must be received by 4.00pm on Sunday the 24th July 2022
KEYSTONE TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS
From the Sports Coordinator
EPro8 challenge at Waikato University 30th June
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Reporoa College Board of Trustees Triennial Elections are upon us. Please get in contact with the Returning Officer Sue Melville on firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries. Nomination forms will be sent out over the next week.
The current Board members are:
Kerry Pearce (Chair)
Brendan Carroll (Principal)
Catherine Silberschmidt (Staff Representative)
Alaina Ferreira (Student Representative)
Former Student Carly Ohia ( pictured bottom right)
SCHOOL DOCS ( Policies and Procedures for Reporoa College)
Important Term Three Dates
- 25th July - Term 3 starts
- 25-29 July Geothermal Week Taupo
- 30-31 July North Island Indoor Bowls Champs Tauranga
- 31 July - 1st August University of Otago Open Day
- 3rd August BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 3rd August BOT Parent Nominations close
- 3rd August CBOP Badminton Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 3rd August Massey University Open day
- 4th August Get2Go Yr 9/10 Rotorua
- 10th August BOT Voting papers issued
- 11th August CBOP Inter-Schools Amazing Race Rotorua
- 12th August BOPSS Snr Basketball Tauranga
- 14-15th August OTAMATEA Exchange
- 17th BOP 7s Rugby Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 26 August Teacher Only Day
- 26 August Victoria University Open Day
- 26-29 August NZSS Indoor Bowls Champs Wellington
- 30th Aug - 3rd Sep Basketball Regionals Palmerston North
- 5th - 9th September AIMS GAMES Tauranga
- 7th September BOT Parent Election Day
- 14th September BOT takes office
- 15th September Cultural Festival -Reporoa
- 17th September School Ball
- 19th-23rd September Sports Camp Matamata
- 21st September BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 30th September Last Day of Term 3