Go Blended @ SIHS!
August 19th, 2013
Answers to your dying questions!!
- Are we going to 1:1?
- What device are we getting?
- When will we get them?
- What is a Blended Learning Coach?
You might be asking...what is IMPACT?
IMPACT: Innovative Methods for Personalizing Academics, Completed by Technology
What is Blended Learning?
"For I-SS, Blended Learning is an innovative approach to teaching that incorporates designing and customizing digital technology with personalized learning to accelerate achievement for all students."
- What is the benefit? Teachers provide more personalized student instruction
- What does it look like? Small group learning centers
- How does it work? Technology used to increase student engagement and close specific learning gaps
- How will we know it's working? Data used to drive instructional practice.
Think of Blended Learning as a STRATEGY and TOOL in your classroom, not something that is extra on your plate!!
What is expected of me?
- Teachers' daily classroom practice will incorporate differentiated instruction and personalized learning (regardless of technology utilization or resources).
- Teachers will practice responsible and ethical standards following consistent I-SS practices and policies for technology usage, the learning triangle and PDSA.
- STAFF CALENDAR (BLC PD will be noted in GREEN when added)--first PD session will be September 4th @ 7:30am as a whole staff.
What goals are set for this initiative?
- By December 2014 all schools will have fully implemented the blended learning model with technology in ELA & MATH.
- 2013-14: Focus on ELA as a district, SIHS will focus on all ELA classrooms and whole 9th grade for the FALL, 10th grade for the SPRING.
- 2014-2015: Add all MATH courses and SIHS will also focus on 11th/12th grade this year.
- 2015-2015: Blended learning across all subject areas, regardless of gaps!
What are your TRUE COLORS?
This document will tell you what your color truly stands for! We will discuss this throughout PDs this year!! TRUE COLORS INFORMATION (PDF)