2021-2022 - Friday, September 3, 2021
COVID-19 Positive Self-Report
The parents now can self-report their students' Covid positives. We ask that you please self-report your child's positive Covid tests.
The process is:
- Sign on to student's SSO
- Click on Covid Central
- Click on Self Report
- Enter information
- The app will generate a return to school date through an email
- The app will email the school nurse and will let the nurse know that the parent requested contact from the nurse if the parent requested contact
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
Self-Prescreening: To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff, all individuals should conduct self pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals waiting for COVID-19 test results due to symptoms or individuals currently experiencing any of the symptoms listed that are new and/or not normal for them, should stay home and consider seeking medical care and/or COVID-19 testing. Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- cough or shortness of breath
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- significant muscle pain or body aches
- loss of taste or smell in the last 10 days
- diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0F
- No employee, student, or visitor is required to wear a mask or face covering.
- All employees, students, and visitors are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering.
- The CDC recommends all individuals wear a mask or face covering in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people during periods when there are high levels of community spread.
- Conroe ISD expects all students, employees, and visitors to respect the choice of others regarding the wearing of masks or face coverings.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Monday, September 6th
- Labor Day - School Holiday
Thursday, September 9th
- Collins Individual Student Pictures (for Yearbook)
- College Park High School Homecoming Game
Tuesday, September 14th
- Spirit Night Raising Cane’s
Wednesday, September 15th
- Spirit Night Raising Cane’s
Wednesday, September 22nd
- Read for a Better Life
Thursday, October 7th
- End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 8th and Monday, October 11th
- Student Holiday
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
Monday, November 11th - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Fall Yearbook Picture Day (Thursday, September 9th). Manual/hard copy order forms came home with your child this Thursday (9/3/21). To pay online, please visit the following link: https://vando.imagequix.com/g1000874628#login
Even though this Thursday (Sept. 9) is Fall Picture Day at Collins Intermediate, it is not the only time yearbook portraits are taken. If you have a student who is out this Thursday due to illness, exposure to illness or quarantine protocol, the make up/re-take picture day is scheduled for Thursday, October 28.
If there is extreme weather (wind, hail, lightning, extreme rain) at 4:00 PM we will not utilize the walk - up process - parents will be required to only use the car line to maximize efficiency of safely exiting students from our building. If a rainy day dismissal is called but there is not extreme weather (wind, hail, lightning, extreme rain) at 4:00 PM, the walk up process will be open for parents to pick up their child(ren). Parents should wait by the bike rack closest to the YMCA and not the front porch.
The school year is going strong for 2021-2022. We have been so excited to see your students and make wonderful connections and continue connections that we started last year. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact Krystal McCure 5th grade counselor 281-298-3812 at email@example.com or Ariel Aymond 6th grade counselor at 281-298-3813 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are wondering about the switch of grade levels, we loop with the students. So, Ms. Aymond worked with 5th graders last year and has looped up with them to 6th grade. This means Mrs. McCure is working with this years’ current 5th graders and will loop up with them to 6th grade.
Guidance lessons for September will be the week of September 20-25. We will be working on the topic of respect which goes along with our Colossal Cobra trait of the month. Ask your student what they learned. Also, we have our Canvas pages up and running. Please check them out.
We are here to assist your and your child so please let us know what we can do to help you! If you need specific assistance like clothing, food, school supplies, or counseling resources, please fill out our form here!
Nurse Kendall Update
If you have looked at the Covid dashboard recently, you will see that we have had many cases of Covid in our school. I wanted to share some information that I have observed.
Most of the students that I have seen with Covid have exhibited mild symptoms: headache, congestion, and sore throats. Some have had fever but some have not. Most have been unusually tired. Please monitor your children and if they seem “off”, get them tested and notify the school that you are keeping them home. Please keep them home if they experience any of these symptoms and please keep them at home while awaiting test results.
Email me with any questions or to notify me of test results: email@example.com
We are off to a great start to the school year in the art room at Collins! Students are working on their drawing skills and are learning about artist Chuck Close and the grid method.
Thanks to all the kiddos who brought their sketchbook to school! As a reminder, we ask that each art student provide their own sketchbook and pencil, but all other art materials will be provided. Students are welcome to bring their own art supplies to supplement what is provided by Collins but it is in no way required. Happy drawing!
Parents, the PE teachers are personally asking for your help! Please encourage your student to bring a personal water bottle to school every day. A personal water bottle will ensure quick and limitless access to water during their PE period as well as through the duration of the school day. We want to limit the amount of students waiting in line at the fountain, as well as cut down lost instruction time when leaving their classroom to get a drink. Thank you so much for your support at home! We appreciate you!
- Teena Joblin and Collin Henry
When you need your questions answered, need guidance in helping your students with tech, or directions for using any of our digital school resources, please visit my web site: www.gottasectech.com This site has many resources to help you and your students!
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
Deadline Extended until Tuesday 9/7/21
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Student Club Sign Up - Deadline Friday, September 10th
Conroe ISD Stadium Policy Update
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.