Week At A Glance
Club Notes - There will be no band, no robotics, no Soccer Shots, no yearbook, and no chess club this week.
Monday, Dec. 18
- 7/8th Grade Midterms Begin
- Noon Dismissal (7th & 8th Grade Only)
- Teacher Led Study Hall Noon -3 pm (7th & 8th Grade)
- SAC Meeting at 6:30 pm
- 7/8th Grade Midterms Continue
- Noon Dismissal (7th & 8th Grade Only)
- Teacher Led Study Hall Noon -3 pm (7th & 8th Grade Only)
Wednesday, Dec. 20
- 7/8th Grade Midterms Conclude
Thursday, Dec. 21
- Student Council Sponsored Polar Express Day for K-3rd
- Junior High Dance 6:30-8:30 pm (Cafetorium) Flyer Below
Friday, Dec. 22
- Noon Dismissal - NO SMEED Available
- Jesse Tree Presentation 9:30 am
- Classroom Christmas Parties 11:00 am -Noon
- Dairy Queen Dine Out (Noon - 4:00 pm) Park Row Location
Rejoice! Rejoice Emmanuel!
Today we begin the third week of Advent. The third candle on the advent wreath is sometimes referred to as the shepherds’ candle. The shepherds were the ordinary people in the field doing the everyday tasks of caring for their sheep. An angel appears to them and proclaims that the Messiah has been born. They are amazed by the heavenly sight. God chose the ordinary men to receive the first announcement of His Son's birth. The angel tells them, "Be not afraid." They journey to see the Messiah. When they arrive, they are amazed! Their joy is overflowing, and they know that they must go and tell everyone the good news!
As we prepare for the coming of Christmas, let us look beyond the ordinary everyday happenings. Let us look for the special “God happenings” and encounters in our day. Try looking at the Christmas story through a new pair of eyes as though seeing something for the first time. My prayer is that we will be able to see everyday things in a new way and that we will refreshed by the beauty they possess.
By His grace, may your joy grow as the day we celebrate Jesus’ birth draws near. May we appreciate and thank God for the many gifts He gives to us that fill us with joy!
May joy fill your heart and the Lord's peace be with you.
Junior High Dance (6th - 8th)
Thursday, Dec. 21st, 6:30-8:30pm
Entry fee: $5.00
What to bring:
· 6th grade - Desserts
· 7th grade - Chips and dip
· 8th grade – 2-liter bottles of soda
Soccer Shots Update
Christmas Party Reminders
In terms of volunteer hours, Official Spirit hours are granted only for the planning and coordination of the parties. No spirit hours are given for food or attending the party.
Christmas Service Information
This year, Christmas falls on a Monday. This means that the 4th Sunday of Advent falls on December 24th. Remember that as Catholics, we are to attend mass for both the 4th Sunday of Advent as well as for the Feast of the Nativity of the Lord.
Saint Maria Goretti Parish will celebrate mass for the 4th Sunday of Advent at the following times:
- Saturday, Dec. 23 5:30 pm
- Sunday, Dec. 24 7:30 am
- Sunday, Dec. 24 9:00 am
- Sunday, Dec. 24 11:00 am
There will be NO 1:00 Mass on Sunday, December 24.
The Feast of the Nativity of the Lord (Christmas) will be celebrated at the following times:
- Sunday, Dec. 24 6:00 pm - Church - Children's Mass
- Sunday, Dec. 24 6:00 pm - HFLC (Gym)
- Sunday, Dec. 24 9:00 pm - Church
- Monday, Dec. 25 - Mass at Midnight - Church
- Monday, Dec. 25 - 10:00 am - Church
- Monday, Dec. 25 - Noon - Church
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Most Blessed Sacrament will host a penance service tomorrow evening at 7 pm.
Next Week there will be NO Reconciliation available on Saturday, December 23.
If you have been away for a while, or need a home to come to, everyone is welcome in our parish!
School Office Closure
It will reopen on Monday, January 8 at 7:30 am.
News from Last Week
Andrea Freeman and Jessica Geisel. We greatly appreciate all that you do!
Other Information and Flyers
Saint Maria Goretti Catholic School
Saint Maria Goretti is a living testament to our Lord's work in His youngest disciples, exemplified by academic excellence, spiritual formation, and compassionate service to others.