A Wacky Seussical Week
Greetings Kindergarten Parents,
Waht We've Learned This week
We reviewed rules for long vowels sounds.
2. Parts of a letter
3. Close Reading
· The students listened to and read a “Spring” passage.
· On the first of the reading, they read the passage on their own and we read it together aloud.
· On the second day, they circle new words or words they unable to read.
· On the third day, they answered comprehension questions and listed details about the story
· On the fourth, they took turns to read a .sentence or two independently to their classmates
1. Placing value (tens and ones)
· The students identified the number of tens and ones in numbers 1-100.
· They were introduced to fraction; and they distinguished between whole numbers and fractions.
· They colored half, third, quarter, and fifth of shapes on assigned worksheets.
· The students listened to The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, Fox in Socks, and The Lorax. Then they listed the rhyming words.
States of Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
· They stated the differences between solids, liquids, and gases.
· They gave example of each state of matter.
Writing & Handwriting Skills
They practiced writing their spelling words in their journal using 3 activities from the spelling activity sheet (writing words 3 times, rainbow words, and circling consonants in each word.
Reading Buddies Time
Questions to Ask your Child
- Give example of words with long medial “e”, “a”, “o”, “i”, and “u”.
- How many tens and ones are in the following numbers: 8, 16, 79,85, 47?
- What are the states of matter?
- What are the differences between them?
What happened in beginning, middle, and end of Fox in Socks and The
Fun in the Sun
- formal day
- student dress in the regular uniform
- Twin day
- Each student will be assigned a twin from the class
- The students should dress like their assigned twin
- The list of twins will be given on Monday.
- Dress your child in green apparel
- Casual/Pizza day