Fashion 101 Blog
My name is Abigail Ebert I am in 7th grade making this blog to show a lot of the things I've learned this year during my Fashion class I am going to show you information about 5 different things such as Fashion history, sketching and design, sewing construction, interior design, and advertising and marketing.
Some Fashion things people liked in the 80's were
- Big Hair
- Jelly Shoes
- Bell Bottoms etc.
Sketching and Design
Being able to sketch a design or piece of clothes was very fun being able to be creative and show our artistic view. We sketched out an out fit from our time period that we did for a project and they were hung around the room example below. We did sketches of many different types of out fits.
We sewed by hand and by machine on many different projects such as
- A Felt Monkey (hand sewing)
- A Drawstring Bad (machine sew)
- A Patchwork Pillow (machine sew)
- A Zipper Pencil-Pouch (machine sew)
- A Infiniti Scarf (machine sew)
- A Monster pillow (machine & hand sew)
How to Thread a Machine | Sewing Machine
In interior design we talked a lot about the color wheel (below) and how colors compliment each other or how the different colors can make a room look bigger or smaller. Different things can cause different illusions and different moods such as
- Red- Bold, exciting, warm, gets attention, angry and love
- Orange- cheerful, warm, energy and hope
- Yellow- cheerful, friendly, warm, sour and happiness
- Green- refreshing, nature, cool, peaceful and luck
Advertising and Marketing
We advertised outfits and made fashion mobiles. We tried to persuade people to buy our products we created paper dresses with fruit loops and yarn. We advertised a lot of clothes.