CVES Faculty memo Week of 10/17/16
"It's a Great Day to be a Warrior!"
Superintendent Advisory Board: CVES Emma Roberson; Jace Powell; Lauren Blackmon #Studentvoice #Kidsdeserveit
- Thank you teachers for participating in data meetings this past week. Excellent collaboration and sharing ideas about instruction. Thank you Kim for providing PD about questioning, models, and reviewing Interactive Read Aloud.
- Reminder to turn in your progress monitoring forms to Kim and K/1st Grade to Holly and 2nd / 3rd to Mandy
- We will continue EDUCATE AL observations this week. Every certified employee will receive one ELEOT observation per semester. We look forward to learning from you.
- After reviewing PLC intervention notes, and discussions at data meetings, we will complete student targeted walk throughs beginning 10/24/16-11/4/16. (walk through form attached) We will be observing the students.
We would like to find interested teachers to teach for the After-school Tutoring 3rd graders in Reading. The program, BRAVES, as created two years ago and has shown improvement in the 3rd graders understanding concepts and test taking abilities. We will be taking all names of interested staff members to teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30-4:30. There will be a few program trainings, but you will be paid for these times. The tutors are paid for the hour of tutoring, at a rate of $25.00. If you are interested please email Holly. We would like to begin tutoring in November.
Instructional Rounds for Kindergarten & First Grade teachers will be November 2nd and 3rd. (Schedule to come)
***Earthquake drill will be Thursday, October 20th at 10:20 Drop, Cover, & Hold On! More information will be discussed on morning news.
Parenting Day Friday October 21st
Ashley Tilley, AMSTI Math Specialist
Math Strategies K & 1st grade parents
Ms. Byrd & Mr. Birdsong, Counselors
Coffee with the Counselors 2nd & 3rd grade parents
Ashley Tilley, ASMSTI Math Specialist
Math Strategies 2nd & 3rd grade parents
Ms. Byrd & Mr. Birdsong, Counselors
Coffee with the Counselors K & 1st grade parents
Jackie Killingsworth, Media Specialist
Digital Resources BYOD
Russell Bedsole, City of Alabaster
Strategies for helping children Make Better Choices Library
Heather Lang, Computer teacher
GOOGLE in the Computer Lab
Miki Wilson, STEAM Lab teacher
STEAM Lab Showcase
Character in Action Award -Lauren Blackmon & family
Red Ribbon Week October 24th-28th
- Red Ribbon Week is fast approaching. Thank you to all of you who put up a bulletin board. This upcoming week, local judges will select our school's winning board. Our school's nomination will be judged against other district schools by central office staff October 27th.
- Please begin including the Red Ribbon Week dress up day information in your newsletters. The dress up days are as follows:
Monday - Wear Red
Tuesday - Dress for Your Future (Career Outfits/Uniforms)
Wednesday - Blackout Drugs (Wear all black)
Thursday - Sock it to Drugs (Wear crazy socks)
Friday - Our Future is Bright (Wear neon colors and sunglasses)
- Third grade teachers- if you are interested in giving Aspire Classroom tests, please email Daniel. This is an easy way to expose your students to additional sample test questions for all three subjects. Each classroom test has only five questions and will take fifteen minutes or less to complete. Classroom tests will be administered in your homerooms using the rolling laptop cart. If interested, Daniel will set up your sessions in the Aspire Portal and will print your test tickets. See Daniel for any questions or concerns.
Updates from the office
- Please remember to let Shawn know what time you are inviting parents into your classroom for Parenting Day.
Box Tops are due to the office by October 20th. Please remind your students and parents.
Thank you for your hard work and patience with report cards! A huge thank you to Debbie and Mandy for all of their hard work this week with report cards.
Wednesday-PTO is providing lunch on the stage-Fall faculty and staff appreciation luncheon! We LOVE our PTO!On October 28th-We will hold a drawing for a free gift card from Jamie Appling (Horace Mann Insurance) for any staff member with perfect attendance. The winner will be announced on the morning news.
Please complete the positive phone calls home document for admin and counselors to call! This was shared via google drive.
Please add one boy and one girl to the super improvers document.
October 17th-21st-National Bus Driver Appreciation week
October 17th-Committee meetings at 3:15
October 18th-PTO music performance 2nd grade at 6:00 & 7:00
October 20th-Kona Ice
October 20th-Flu Clinic for students
October 21st-parenting day
October 21st-First Grade Field trip to McWane Center
October 24th-28th-Red Ribbon week
October 24th-Grade level meetings at 3:15
October 25th-Leadership Team meeting at 7:00 am
October 25th-2nd and 3rd grade Reading planning meeting at 3:15
October 27th-Parenting day for First grade classes
October 28th-Book Character day
October 28th-Superintendent Advisory board meeting at central office & Prinicpal Advisory board meeting at 9:45
October 28th-Super Improvers -popsicles with the principals
October 31st-PLCs-pod meetings
November 2nd & 3rd - K & 1st grade teachers-Instructional Rounds