Week 24: February 7 - 11, 2022
Week 24 - National School Counseling Week & Performing Arts Week!
MONDAY - 2/7
- Valentines Plush Sale (Girls League)
- Pieology Fundraiser (C/O 2025)
- COVID Testing - (Athletics) - PCR 2:00 PM
- COVID TESTING - WVUSD COMMUNITY: Faculty Parking Lot 4:00 - 6:00 PM
TUESDAY - 2/8
WEDNESDAY - 2/9
- ALL CLUB FOOD FAIR - Lunch
THURSDAY - 2/10
- Valentine’s Day Gram Sale (C/O 2022)
FRIDAY - 2/11
- PERFORMING ARTS RALLY (Stadium) 4th Period
- Last Day to Drop without the course being on your transcript
SATURDAY - 2/12
- V Baseball @ La Salle South Hills Tournament
- ACT Exam
DBHS Athletics Calendar - Click HERE for all athletic contests!
The Open Letter Project
Our IB students are working with our Arts and Activities programs to produce a special school event, a live reading of Martin Luther King’s Open Letter from Birmingham Jail on March 4.
- This letter is not only an historical document, presenting the perspectives and experiences of Black Americans during the 1960s; the letter also provides a road map to a more peaceful society that holds itself accountable to justice and the promise that "All Men Are Created Equal."
Special thanks to Ms. Dena Lordi and our IB students for organizing such a powerful activity for our entire campus!
Congratulations Dance Company!
Congratulations to our DB Dance Co. for receiving 2nd place in the large contemporary, small contemporary, and medium contemporary divisions as well as 1st place in Medium Coed Hip Hop!
The team received the Best Choreography Award for Large Contemporary out of the whole competition- this routine was choreographed by our very own junior Dance Co. Leader, Talyah Ejan! Special shout-out to Brandon Giang (1st place) Talyah Ejan (2nd place) and Annie Huang (3rd place) in the competition's drill down!
We are so proud of our Brahma dancers!
Special thanks to Dance Company Director Jill Riley for taking care of our Dancers!
Reminder - End of 6 Week Grading Period is coming Feb. 17, 2022
The end of our 6-week grading period is February 17.
At this time, teachers will report progress grades and they will be made available the following week. We have a few deadlines that coincide with this time of year. Please see the pages 11-12 of the DBHS Student Handbook for additional details on class change policies. If you are thinking of dropping a course, please discuss the pros and cons of this decision with your teacher and your parents.
- February 11 is the last day to drop a course without it showing on your transcript.
- February 25 is the last day to adjust from an Honors-level course to a College-Prep course.
College & Career Updates
Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow!
- Sign up for the annual Harvey Mudd College Women Engineers and Scientists of Tomorrow (WEST) Conference 2022 held on Saturday April 2nd from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Time on Zoom.
- WEST Conference is a one day conference for high school girls to visit the Harvey Mudd College campus (through Zoom), participate in a day of science and engineering workshops, and get an idea of what it is like to be a woman scientist or engineer for a day.
- Participants have the opportunity to attend workshops presented by our very own Mudd professors. Attending students are allowed a chance to listen and ask questions to a panel of current Mudd students from each technical major.
- Parents are welcome to attend certain parts of the conference such as the panel, admission talk, and keynote speaker. In addition, there will be opportunities for participants to chat with professors, current Mudd students, and other attendees in breakout rooms, during breaks, and at lunch.
- WEST Conference is only $5 to attend.
- Please register here: https://forms.gle/yc7wqQ1 DVuR 6X9 and venmo our treasurer Megan @meganchenaz. Any additional donations would also be greatly appreciated to support our future SWE events!
The UC Riverside Vietnamese Student Association is hosting a FREE virtual Future Leaders Summit on February 20th from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM to help prepare students for the transition to college.
For more information, look at the links below, and fill out the RSVP for the zoom link to this free, informative event.
RSVP form: https://bit.ly/rsvp4fls
Event Graphic: https://bit.ly/flspromo
Congratulations to Chloe Hartanto!
Congratulations to Chloe Hartanto, Key Club's new Lt. Governor!
This past Saturday, Chloe Hartanto (class of 2024) was elected the next Lt. Governor of Key Club!
*Fun Fact - Key Club is the oldest and largest student-led service organization for high school students. We are so proud of Chloe leading in this special club!
Check out Key Club's Facebook page:
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians of English Learners,
Our English Learners will take the ELPAC exam on the following dates based on their grade level:
9th grade: February 3 at 8:00 a.m.
10th grade: February 4 at 8:00 a.m.
11th grade: February 9 at 8:00 a.m.
12th grade: February 10 at 8:00 a.m.
The ELPAC exam is a test that will measure your child’s progress in learning the English language. The ELPAC will test their abilities in reading, writing, listening and speaking. They will also take the district writing assessment during this testing period.
Please carefully read the directions below and review it with your child as it will provide important information about their ELPAC test. A copy of this notification letter has also been sent to your child’s school email:
Report to the LINC (DBHS library) at 8:00 a.m. on the day of your test. DO NOT go to your period one class.
Bring your DBHS chromebook and charger with you. If you do not have a DBHS chromebook, one will be provided to you when you check in for the test.
Bring your student ID card.
Bring your personal earbuds/headphones. If you do not have earbuds/headphones, they will be provided to you.
The test will take approximately 3.5 to 4 hours. When you finish with your test, you will go to class based on your schedule.
Bring your backpacks and personal belongings with you for later in the school day. You may not use a cell phone or any notes/materials from your classes during the ELPAC test.
This test is important because it is one of the criteria used to determine your child’s readiness to reclassify as an English Learner. Please make sure they get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast.
They may prepare for the ELPAC by taking some of the online practice tests. Click on this LINK!
We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks for the ELPAC! Good luck!
Mrs. Flores and Mrs. Cho
Baseball Golf Tournament Fundraiser!
Don't miss out on our DBHS Baseball program's golf tournament fundraiser!
- When: Monday, February 21st, 2022. (President’s Day)
- Where: Los Serranos Country Club in Chino Hills
- Golf tournament begins at 8 am. Catered lunch to follow. Raffles, live and silent auctions & a whole lot of fun!
- Golfers of all ability levels are welcome. This tournament is designed to allow all golfers to have a great time!
- For info and registration please contact Coach David Lopez at email@example.com.
*New - Live Stream Events in the Gym, Aquatic Center, & Stadium!
Over Holiday break our Athletic Directors, Alexis Feix and Kurt Davies, coordinated the installation of Live Stream cameras in our Gym, Aquatic Center and Stadium!
This means you can live stream all home events by subscribing at NFHS.com.
Click HERE to subscribe!
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Eligibility Center
Attention Senior Student-Athletes:
If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels and are in contact with college coaches, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER.
*Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Mr. Patterson, our NCAA GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2022 should register at this time.
Caught In the Act (CIA)
Tara Kim has been Caught in the Act of doing the right thing. Tara was nominated by Mr. Ramirez for throwing away other peoples trash and helping to keep our school looking great. Tara has won a wireless keyboard. Keep up the good work Brahmas! We see all the great things you are doing!
Weekly COVID Testing @ DBHS
Each MONDAY at DBHS, we will be providing voluntary COVID testing for all WVUSD students and staff. The drive-through clinics will occur in our Faculty Parking lot. Testing is also available at Suzanne Middle School (Tuesday), South Pointe Middle School (Wednesday), Walnut High School (Tuesday) and Walnut City Library (Thursday).
Please utilize the registration link if you would like to COVID test.
*No appointments are needed, but preregistration is requested.