Spain is located...
-Southwest to Madrid (Spain's capital)
-On the Iberian Peninsula
-Bay of Biscay
-Straight of Gibraltar
-France and Andorra (to the Southwest)
-Portugal (to the East)
-Morocco and Algeria (to the North)
Seville is located...
-Southwest in Spain
-Southwest of Madrid
-On the Rio Guadalquivir
-In the community of Andalusia
-4th most populated city in Spain
- Average Temperature is 67ºF
- 2,918 hours of sunshine per year (high)
- Average of 21 inches of rain per year (low)
- Only 66 rainy days a year
- From Jackson-Hartsfield Airport, it would take 8 hours and 36 minutes to fly to Seville
- We are 4,275 miles from Seville
- Citizens of Seville often say that there is no need to travel anywhere else
- A survey of travelers who visited cities around Spain said the Seville was by far the most favorite
- It's motto is NO8DO which stands for "No me ha dejado," which means "It (Seville) has not abandoned me"
- Seville's cathedral holds Christopher Columbus' tomb, but no one knows if he's actually buried there