Good Morning Energy Engineers
Here's a tip to help you move ahead
March 1, 2013Volume 1. Issue 1
Common Areas of specialization:
- Solar (hotwater,PV, CSP)
Methods of specialization:
- Read articles about trending technology in that area
- Enrolling in additional courses covering that subject
- Intern with a company that specializes in that area
While many of us already practice the second two suggestions, it is important to exercise your right to free knowledge by reading outside of assigned coursework.
Benefits of being fluent in your area of specialization:
- You are motivated to contribute to conversations
- You are more prepared for discussion topics for interviews
- You are more knowledgeable of the world around you
Feedback is welcome.
Thanks for your support!
Society of Energy Engineers, Vice-President
M.S. Energy and Mineral Engineering Candidate
B.S. Environmental Systems Engineering
Minors: Energy Engineering, Water Resources, Spanish
Society of Energy Engineers, Vice President
The Pennsylvania State University