Flores Chronicle - Week #3
Reagan Elementary :: Leander Independent School District
Week of September 8 - September 11, 2015
WELCOME TO 4TH GRADE!
Weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let us know!
For the Love of Learning,
4th GRADE PARENT NIGHT IS (ALMOST) HERE!!!!!
4th GRADE PARENT NIGHT!
- WHEN: This TUESDAY, September 8th from 6:00 - 7:00
- WHERE: In the Reagan Cafeteria
- WHY: Because there's a lot going on in 4th grade and we want to work together with you to make sure your kiddo has a fabulous school year! And because we're cool.
HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- Continue Step 1 of the Writing Process: Brainstorming
- Grammar: plural nouns (-s, -es, -ies, -ves, etc.)
- Continue Texas Symbols
- Texas Regions -
- measurement & rounding
- checkpoint on Friday
- intro to literature genres
- analogies & relationships
- continue individual reading assessments
- Sitton Spelling Unit 1: become, grow, draw, yet, less
- measuring mass and volume; use of triple beam balances
- Complete reading interest inventory online (Language Arts Page)
- We've been using our Google logins at school; for a reminder, see "What's My Google LogIn" below.
- Review multiplication facts
- Review vocab for Properties Matter Quiz #1 on 9/18 - see links below (Quizlet link is for online practice; Google Doc link is access to a hard copy)
APPS TO HAVE!
Free app; allows a student direct access to their drive and document storage. Students can also easily upload images from their camera roll to their drive to help in assignment completion.
Free app; allows a student direct access to their Google Classroom accounts.
Free app; allows a student to join into a Kahoot session quickly without having to go through the website.
- Monday 9/7 - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Holiday
- Tuesday 9/8 - 4th Grade Parent Night - 6:00pm in Reagan Cafeteria
- Monday 9/14 - Grandparents Luncheon (4th grade lunch 12:40-1:10pm)
- Wednesday 9/16 - Early Release at 12:00pm
- Thursday 9/17 - WatchDog Pizza Night (Time - TBD)
- FRIDAY 9/18 - Science Vocab Quiz 1 (vocab set up in class; may be accessed on website as well)
- Thursday 9/24 - Back to School Picnic PTA Meeting
- Friday 10/2 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress Up) - Super Hero Day
- TUESDAY 10/6 - Jogathon during PE
- WEDNESDAY 10/7 - Jogathon during PE
- Monday 10/12 - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
- Friday 10/23 - End of 1st 9 weeks
- Week of 10/26 - Red Ribbon Week
- Wednesday 10/28 - Early Release day; 1st 9 weeks report cards home
- Sunday 11/1 - Daylight Savings Time - FALL BACK!
- Friday 11/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th - Decade Day - dress like your favorite decade.
- Wednesday 11/11 - 4th Grade Veterans Day performance
- Week of 11/16 - Generations Texas week
- Week of 11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
- 12/21 - 1/1/16 - LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Monday 1/4 - School resumes
- Friday 1/8 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- Friday 1/15 - End of 1st Semester
GRANDPARENTS' DAY SCHEDULE CHANGE
We originally scheduled Grandparents’ Day for Friday, September 11th and we will continue to welcome and honor our grandparent guests on that day. However, the official Leander ISD Grandparents’ Day is scheduled for Monday, September 14th. While our grandparents are welcome both days ONLY Monday will have adult menu options.
Menu for Friday, September 11th
Oven Fired Cheese Pizza V
Oven Fired Pepperoni Pizza Italian Meatball Sub
Chicken Caesar Salad GF*
Mixed Veggie Medley V GF
Steamed Broccoli Florets V GF
Menu for Monday, September 14th
Chicken Fried Steak w/Wheat Roll
Italian Beef Pasta Bake w/Wheat Roll
Fresh Garden Salad V GF*
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Steamed Broccoli Florets V GF
ACTION ITEM: FIRST DAY PACKET - PLEASE COMPLETE FORMS ONLINE!!
Parents can now complete their child’s first-day packet forms and print forms through txConnect. In the packet is the opportunity to fill out the following items:
- Updating student information
- Student health and allergy form
- Student residency questionnaire
- Student directory information
- Migrant survey
- Student code of conduct
Visit this txConnect webpage for help on setting up an account, or simply login to your txConnect account. If you have questions, please contact your campus registrar.
If you have questions, you can refer to the document below with parent registration steps. You can also contact our fabulous campus registrar, Shannon McEwen, at 512.570.0700.
For other helpful links and information regarding back to school, visit https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/our-town/back-to-school-info-forms.
REMIND - A GREAT WAY TO STAY CONNECTED!
For those of you with children in middle and/or high school, you're probably familiar with Remind and how valuable it can be in helping keep up with your student's schedules! We use it in class as well in an attempt to make your life as a parent just a little bit easier. With Remind, we can send you texts with time sensitive reminders or last minute schedule changes (for example, "Picture Day tomorrow!", or "Field Trip on Friday; please fill out permission slip if you haven't done so") that are beneficial for you to know.
To subscribe to the service, text @floresrays to the number 81010.