Great Recipies for any meal
Total Time: 2 hours, 48 minutes
- 1 19.8 oz. brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Mint Layer:
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. half and half of cream
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- a few drops green food coloring, if desired
- Chocolate Topping:
- 6 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat brownie mix, eggs, oil and water together until smooth. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake 23-28 minutes, until a knife inserted two inches from the edge comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Beat butter, sugar, half and half and peppermint extract together until smooth. Add green food coloring if desired, tinting the mint layer to desired color. Spread the mint frosting over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Heat chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring until just melted. Remove from heat. Let cool 1-2 minutes. Spread over mint layer. Refrigerate immediately.
- When ready to serve Irish mint brownies, bring to room temperature 5 minutes before cutting.