THE JES JAM
Quarterly HIGHLIGHTS & INFORMATION for Jones Elementary
Summer is Around the Corner Edition
Our Year is Coming to and End....
- Year One of LIM Implementation was all about immersing our students, staff, and families in the language and understanding of the 7 Habit of Highly Effective People. We hope that your family enjoyed and learned from the monthly 73049 Newsletter that our staff developed with students in order to share leadership language at home.
- Our Reading Initiative this year for the whole school has been the BIGGEST success!!! We used our current AR reading program to set 9 weeks goals for all our Longhorns and encouraged them to reach goals and "adopt" Beanie Babies as reading buddies. Who would have guessed that BEANIE BABIES would be what would light the fire of focus and determination in our Longhorns. Needless to say, if you see Beanie Babies at garage sales or boxed up in the attic, please donate them to JES.
- Our expansion process into the Early Childhood Wing is in FULL SWING and we are hoping that in August our littlest Longhorns will be starting school in their new area next Fall.
2022/2023 Pre-Enrollment for Longhorns
- PK & New Kinder Students
Online pre-enrollment will go live for families on Monday, May 2nd. Students that live in the school district boundaries and turn 4 years old (PK) or 5 years old (Kinder) are eligible to complete the form. The link to the form will be posted on the school & district websites, Jones App, and JES Facebook Page. Once your address and age has been confirmed you will receive an email with placement confirmation and how to complete New Student enrollment in July through Wengage.
- Kinder- 4th grade Returning Student Note
Your student will be bringing a Pre-Enrollment half sheet note home asking your family's enrollment intention for the 22/23 school year. This information is used for staffing and planning purposes for the upcoming school year. We ask that every student please return the note by May 2nd. This does not however serve as an official enrollment for the upcoming school year. That will be completed ONLINE through Wengage in July. Please make sure that you have a current Wengage Login and Password before summer break!
KEEP IN THE LOOP
JONES APP : Download the JONES PUBLIC SCHOOLS APP from your iPhone or Android - Set notifications up for any or all of the district sites.
* WEEKLY INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED HERE THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EVENTS AND SCHOOL HAPPENINGS *
Stay Up-to-Date on your Child's Grades
Last Few Weeks Calendar of Events
Field Trip Dates
April 21 - 1st Grade to the Zoo
April 29 - 5th Grade to Rollerland
May 3 - 2nd Grade to Baseball Park
May 4 - PK & KND to Orr Family Farm
May 6 - 3rd Grade Land Run Experience
May 12 - 4th Grade to the Zoo
2nd - 5th - Teacher Appreciation Week
6th - LAST JES JAM
9th - Teacher Awards Presentation 345 @ JMS
9th- BOARD MTG 530
11th - LAST DAY to earn AR Points/ All Library Books are DUE
13th - LAST HORNS UP TSHIRT PRESENTATION
16th- ROLLUP DAY 930 - 11:00 (5th Grade JMS Enrollment)
17th - Sno Cone Day
18th - AWARDS DAY - Parents Welcome
19th - Aloha Day (5th Grade) & PK Promotion @ 9am
Leader In Me - Spring Parent Survey
Summer Reading Recommendations
The Leader In Me
This book explains the long term vision of JES and the impacts that this process will have on our students, school, and community.
7 Habits of Happy Kids
A compilation of short stories that allow students to hear how the 7 Habits can be implemented in everyday life. Students really enjoy the characters!
7 Habits of Highly Effective Families
An adult-level read that describes each habit in detail, activities to implement habit strategies in the family dynamic, and real-life scenarios on the impact it had on families' dynamic.