Paddock Road Monthly Newsletter
February 1, 2019
February 4th - 10th B & G Tasty Foods Fundraiser Earn 25% of your sales for PR!February 5th - PR Community Club Meeting 6:30pm
February 9th - Unified Activity - Floor Hockey at Sunset Hills 11:00am
February 11- 6th Grade Gallup Parent/Child Night 7pm WMS Cafeteria
February 12 - 6th Grade Strings Solo Night - Westside Middle School Auditorium 6:30pm
February 12th - Planet Sub Night
February 14th - Valentine's Day Parties 2:30pm
February 18th - NO SCHOOL - Presidents Day - Teacher InService
February 24th - 4:05pm PR Fun night at the Lancer's Hockey Game
February 25th - March 1 - Staff Appreciation Week
Second Grade Graph Fun
After School Clubs S.T.E.A.M.
Click the link below to register for the S.T.E.A.M. Club
Friendships are an important part of school! Here are some tips for making and keeping friends.
* Model good friendship skills for your child. Encourage friendliness, sharing and being a good listener. When they have trouble, help them problem solve and develop their own problem solving skills.
* Be empathetic. Help your child identify how people are feeling based on facial expressions or actions and encourage them to react appropriately.
* Set up opportunities for play in various situations – have play dates or participate in an activity they enjoy where peers will be involved (Girl Scouts, soccer, etc).
* Pay attention – When playing, does your child have any behaviors that could hinder friendships? Talk about them and discuss different ideas.
Visit the following links for more information
Meaningful Mama – Mom, I Don’t Have Friends
The Better Mom – 10 Ways to Help Your Child Build Friendships
Sarah Lieske, NCC, LMHP
Writer's Workshop In Front of the Fire
Consider being a TeamMates Mentor
This past month was Mentor Recognition month with TeamMates of Nebraska. The positive impact of TeamMates Mentoring on a student/mentees’ levels of hope, engagement in school, and well-being has been well researched. In a recent school year,
* 75 percent of TeamMates mentees had fewer unexcused absences
* 84 percent of TeamMates mentees experienced fewer disciplinary referrals
* 55 percent of TeamMates mentees improved their academic performance
Please consider making a 1-hour a week commitment (meeting at school, only during school calendar) to make an incredible difference in a child’s life. TeamMates prefers mentors to be able to commit to the program for at least 3 years to make a lasting impression. If you are interested in learning more about TeamMates Mentoring, contact Mrs. Lieske (402-408-8836). The comments below from mentees reveal how this touches a child’s life:
"Thank you so much for coming and seeing me each week. I'm so happy that you're my mentor. I love spending time with you. I will do anything to make you proud. I won't ever let you down.” - TeamMate Mentee
“"Thank you for being a teammate of mine. I enjoy spending my time every week to talk about how I am. You're like a pal to me.” - TeamMate Mentee