Highview Middie Minute
At Highview, we value the home-school connection. In order to keep our students, parents, and guardians up-to-date, we will use the following methods of communication:
- Class DoJo
- District Website
- Social Media (facebooks, Twitter)
- Newsletter - Highview Middie Minute
You can access building announcements and updates via any of these platforms. Your child's teachers will use Class Dojo as their primary method of communication. If you have not signed up for Dojo, please do so at your earliest convenience. The sign-up information was attached to your child's schedule at device pick up. If you misplaced the form, please use the link below or contact the school.
We would like to take a minute to thank our parents and guardians for engaging their students in remote learning. Highview is averaging 95% attendance synchronously (logging into the live zoom lessons) and asynchronously (watching lessons and working later in the day). We appreciate your commitment to your child's success!
We will be hosting a Virtual Open House on Monday, September 21st.
Friday, September 18th is a B day, so we will start our day with period 4!
As always, we are here to help. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 513-420-4566.
Mrs. Belfrom, Proud Principal
Mr. White, Proud Assistant Principal
Click on the icon below to access Class Dojo, the website, or our facebook page
If your student is absent because he/she is sick, has an appointment, or is unable to participate in school, please call the building secretary, Mrs. Hauser. Also, you can go to our website to report their absence digitally.
4 Key Strategies To Make Remote Learning Go More Smoothly
Below you will find 4 Key Strategies To Make Remote Learning Go More Smoothly.
- Decide on a location in the house where your remote learning will be done. This location should be a quiet space, and if/when possible away from the majority of activity taking place in the house.
- Set up a workspace. Create a clutter-free work area for your learning. Make sure you have your Chromebook, pencils, pens, paper, erasers, and any other supplies you may need for class.
- Know your remote learning schedule. Make sure you have the Highview Remote Learning Schedule and your class schedule at your workspace. This will ensure you are in the correct class at the right time. Hint...write out your weekly schedule to help you know which class you should be attending. Remember, Fridays switch between A and B Weeks.
- Know your workshop times and ask for help. The teachers and staff at Highview are always here to help you. Know your workshop times, and if you are struggling or need clarification on what you learned ask for extra help. Your teachers can arrange a workshop time for you. If you are struggling emotionally, reach out to me, Mrs. C, and we can schedule a Zoom meeting to chat and check-in. We all want to help you in any way we can.
Please continue to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Amy Cerminaro, Proud School Counselor