As the heart of the gifted community, the mission of the SAGE Center is to ensure all students, as members of a global society, foster their uniqueness, develop their potential, and embrace their true belonging through learning experiences distinguished by:
- Courageous exploration and discovery of passions in a flexible and innovative environment
- Support systems for students, staff, and community
- Ownership and self-regulation in a student-driven culture
Home of the SAGE Illuminators
Welcome to 2022 with SAGE! It's hard to believe that we'll be wrapping up 1st semester in just a couple of weeks! Here at school our Staff is reflecting on the many things our students have accomplished in the first half of the year and are gearing up for second semester.
Second semester will be a busy one! We have many things planned and prepared for our students as we continue to focus on academic excellence. Our staff will continue to support student successes both academically and socially through our Big Three Expectations of Being Professional, Being Respectful, and Being Responsible each day at the Center. Please encourage your child to do his/her best in following our expectations every day. We know that following these big THREE expectations will help each child be a wonderful learner at the Center and beyond.
Please continue to check out our social media platforms and email reminders for upcoming Learning Expos, special events at SAGE, and other important information. Information about the SAGE Center can also be found on our website. You can find our website on the NKC Schools home page under "Our Schools" > "SAGE" or under "Departments" > "SAGE."
We continue to be so proud of the work of our Illuminators each and every week!
Your Partner in Education,
Thank You for Voting!
Our Top 20 team is patiently waiting for that date in April to hear their final standing in the competition. We'll keep you posted!
SAGE Student Spotlight
Congratulations to these students for being nominated by SAGE teachers for exhibiting Networking while at SAGE during the months of November or December.
Andrew consistently models professionalism in class but has gone above and beyond recently with networking. Andrew listens to his peers respectfully and responds in a kind way. Way to go, Andrew!
Saniya exhibits the Illuminator Mindset of networking by being a great listener and learner. She quickly tunes into her partners' or classmates' needs and concerns and finds opportunities to help and support them.
Sophie consistently demonstrates networking by being inclusive, professional and respectful of all her peers. She is supportive of others' ideas and thoughts, making sure to value their perspectives.
Max exhibits strong networking skills by communicating and collaborating with all students. He goes out of his way to make others feel welcome and included. He is passionate about learning and engages well with his teachers and peers. He is a true team player!
Cecelia makes everyone feel welcome. She is a friend to all students and staff and goes out of her way to connect with others in a kind way. She leads her PBL team by making sure everyone's voice is heard and there is shared group decision-making.
Lily’s networking skills are outstanding! She did a great job with her Battle of the Brains team. She was a leader with her group, making sure that each member’s strengths were utilized. She also worked with each sub-committee to make sure they were all on the same page. She gave and received feedback well in order to enhance their overall project.
Gibson is a positive team player. He is a friend to many students and is able and willing to work with all people. He opens his heart and mind to others without expectations. He is a person of the people.
Audrey exemplifies networking in Middle School SAGE. Whether she is leading a company in SAGE Startup or working to engineer solutions to biomedical issues, Audrey uses her networking talents to communicate, collaborate, and motivate peers to accomplish big things.
COVID Related Issues:
- As a reminder, if your child is quarantined from the regular school for a COVID related issue, your child will also not be allowed to attend at the SAGE Center until the return to school date has been met.
- SAGE tasks may be made up upon the student returning to SAGE.
Recess for Elementary:
- As the weather is getting colder, it is important that elementary-age students come to SAGE dressed for outdoor recess with a coat, hat, and gloves.
Arrival / Dismissal Procedures:
- Car riders who are dropped off or picked up from the SAGE Center should enter and exit from the South double doors of the Center. Please ring the door bell for admittance.
- Students who ride the bus will be delivered and dismissed through the lower level bus loop. Please avoid this area when visiting the SAGE Center. All car riders should enter through the South door of the Center - near the 1st floor circle drive.
Public Entrance Only:
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up near the main entrance of the Northland Innovation Center as this is a public entrance for all tenants of the building.
- If your child becomes ill, he/she will be seen by our SAGE Nurse. Nurse Latz will then contact the parent if the student needs to go home. For the safety of all students and staff, we appreciate parents making arrangements for their child to be picked up as soon as possible.
- Please remember to conduct a quick well check with your child before sending them to school to ensure that he/she is not exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Masks will be required for all visitors to the SAGE Center.
- Thank you for for remembering that all Visitors to the SAGE Center should enter / exit through the South doors of the Center - near the 1st floor circle drive.
- Visitors will be required to show proper ID and receive a Visitor's badge before entering the educational wings.
- Please make an appointment with the SAGE teacher when requesting a conference.
- Masks are required unless eating or drinking. If you’re eating lunch at the SAGE Center with your child, please remember parents must sit at a designated table only with his/her child. You may also bring food for only your child. Food may not be shared or purchased for other children.
Thank you for adhering to the above policies and procedures.
NKC Inclement Weather Updates
The first three inclement weather days will be traditional “snow days” with no in-person or virtual classes. Enrichment activities will be accessible online should your family wish to continue learning from home.
Beginning with the fourth snow day, if needed, we will implement virtual learning days. This will include those who attend SAGE on that particular "Snow Day." Virtual lessons will be available for students in Canvas.
Additional information can be found by clicking the button link below.
Please click here for additional information concerning Inclement Weather Days.
SAGE Center Dates to Remember
Tues., Jan. 4 - Classes Resume (after the Jan. 3rd Snow Day)
Wed., Jan. 12 - Kindergarten - 3rd grade Learning Expo 5 - 7 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 13 - 6th - 8th grade Learning Expo 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Mon., Jan. 17 - No School Martin Luther King Jr. holiday
Wed., Jan. 19 - Battle of the Brains Awards Celebration - Union Station
Wed., Jan. 19 - PAGS Board Mtg. 6 p.m.
Little Bits experiments
Battle of the Brains Top 20
Stayed tuned for the Awards Celebration coming in January!
Universe connections with Christine Nobbe
Scroll to "Menus" and look for "SAGE." It is typically under the Middle School tab, but the menu is for all K - 8 SAGE students.
Recess for Elementary SAGE
Need some ideas on keeping your kid occupied at home on snow days? The button below included a few collected resources that can help! Introducing the PAGS Parenting Toolkit.
If you would like to see any additional topics/items or if you have resources that you have found helpful and would like to share, let us know and we will get them added at email@example.com.
SAGE Parent Handbook
We encourage all of our families to become familiar with the Parent Handbook as it provides important information about the procedures and policies of the SAGE Center.
The Road to Future Endeavors
Information about the journey your SAGE Illuminator can follow to earn National Merit status in the future can be found here! Be sure and check it out!
SAGE Partners in Education
Feel free to support these businesses in your daily travels through the area:
- EBCFO, LLC
- Edward Jones, Ryan Mitchell
- Eric Craig Real Estate Team
- Park University
- Solar Holdings, LLC
- Stone Canyon Pizza, Gladstone
- Weber Inc.
How Can I Stay Current?
You can "LIKE" NKC SAGE on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @NKC_SAGE. Please also watch for periodic emails or phones calls from the Center.