Friday, March 11th from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
From bark buckets to stainless steel evaporators, travel through time to learn the history and science of turning sap into maple syrup. Each stop includes a hands-on experience to try, including a taste of the real stuff!
Hosting FSC is Amy Markle. You can reach Amy at email@example.com or 484-680-7940.
Please RSVP by March 4th. This RSVP goes directly to FSC, Amy Markle. Please contact her if anything changes with your RSVP. Thanks!
COST: The cost is $8.00 per person (This includes parents, students, and siblings). We will collect cash payment at the beginning of the outing.
Maple Sugaring Outing
Friday, March 11th, 10am-12pm
614 Dorseyville Road
10:00 am-12:00 pm: Maple Sugaring Stations
**This is an Outdoor Event, so be sure to dress appropriately and in layers depending on the weather. This event takes place in rain or shine. Boots or sturdy tennis shoes are recommended as we will be on the trails.
12:00 pm: Dismissal-Thanks for coming!
- Students and families will experience the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of Maple Sugaring.
- Students and families will learn the history and science of Maple Syrup.
- Students and families will learn the history and science of using bark buckets to stainless steel evaporators, and turning sap into maple syrup. Each stop includes a hands-on experience to try, including a taste of the real maple syrup!
- 120 minutes of Science can be added to the OLS (On Line School)
Reminders for all PA Virtual Events:
- An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
- Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
- To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
- In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.