Lighthouse School Newsletter
April 13, 2022
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
Hello, Lighthouse Families,
It’s a short week and we’re making the most of it! Students did a great job on the first day of MCA testing yesterday. Tomorrow, they will take the Math MCA. More MCA testing is coming next week for our high school students and grades 5-8 Science.
Here are a couple of helpful ways to support your student during MCA testing:
● Make sure students are well rested and ready to go for testing in the morning.
● Attendance is important! Make sure your student is here each day and is on time for school.
● Be positive! Remind your student how this is a great chance to show what they know and to simply do their best.
Please note that there is no school this Friday, April 15. Students will return to school on Monday April 18. Please make sure you have a plan for care this Friday.
I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend, and we will see you back next week!
Find your summer SPARK!
There are a wide range of opportunities for students and families to find their SPARK this summer! From athletic camps to STEM programs and outdoor family adventures, we'll keep your student and family learning, growing and having fun. View this week's program highlights below and find a full list of youth summer programs here.
Kayaking adventure on the St. Croix (adults and children ages 12+): Join the experts at Wahoo! Adventures for a guided "Herons & History" kayak paddle on the beautiful St. Croix River. Enjoy this scenic, fun, and relaxing guided paddling adventure. No kayaking experience is necessary.
St. Paul Saints Game Family Outing: SLP is going out to the ballgame! Join us on July 17 as we take a trip to CHS field to watch our St. Paul Saints take on the Toledo Mud Hens. Transportation will be provided. Bring your whole family for a day filled with baseball, hotdogs, and fun!
Upcoming Spring Lake Park Lions Community Breakfast
Mark your calendars for the SLP Lions Community Breakfast on Sunday, April 24, 2022 from 8 a.m.-noon at Spring Lake Park High School (door #33).
There will be an all you can eat breakfast as well as:
- Free eye screenings for children six month-six years, face painting, a balloon artist and other activities
- A baked goods sale and big coloring books
- A free wellness fair - A1C and Lipid Panel testing, blood pressure checks and a COVID-19 Shot Clinic
If able, please bring food donations for the food shelf, unwanted cell phones, eyeglasses and hearing aids.
Free community event: How to get your mojo back after COVID-19
Anoka High School is hosting a free community in-person or virtual event on Tuesday, April 19 for anyone who is interested in reconnecting in a world of disconnection and social isolation. Presenter Dr. Corey Martin will deliver a powerful and experiential session that will help you understand how much power and control you have to make a meaningful difference in creating the connected life we all long for. View the flier to learn more and register online here.
- April 14 - Math MCA for grades 3-8
- April 15 - No School, Staff Professional Work Day
- April 20 - Reading MCA for grade 10 and Math MCA for grade 11
- April 21 - Science MCA for grades 5-8
- April 22 - Science MCA for grades 8-12
- April 27- Field trip to Bakken/Pavek Museum 8:45 am-1:15 pm (Grades 1-6 for students that signed up)
In case you missed important information from last week's newsletter, check out the topics below and click to learn more.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.