Next Week at SBHS
Friday, March 17th
Upcoming Events at SBHS
Here are the upcoming events for next week hosted here at SBHS, athletics events listed as "home games" and significant post-season athletic events such as region or state finals. Additional athletics events may be scheduled based on the results of the games below. Please check stonebridgesports.org next week for the most updated information.
Monday, March 20th
Boys Tennis Home vs. Broad Run 4:30 PM
JV Baseball Home vs. Heritage 6:30 PM
JV/V Boys Soccer Home vs. Broad Run 6/7:15 PM
JV Softball Home vs. Heritage 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 21st
- Spirit Day: Blue & Yellow (World Down Syndrome Day)
- JV/V Boys Lacrosse Home vs. Heritage 6/7:15 PM
- JV Softball Home vs. Madison 6:30 PM
- PTSO Meeting in the Career Center 7:00 PM
Wednesday, March 22nd
- Boys Tennis Home vs. Loudoun County 4:30 PM
JV/V Boys Lacrosse Home vs. Woodgrove 6/7:15 PM
- Varsity Baseball Home vs. Loudoun Valley 6:30 PM
- Varsity Softball Home vs. Loudoun Valley 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 23rd
- JV/V Girls Soccer Home vs. Dominion 6/7:15 PM
Friday, March 24th
- End of 3rd Quarter
JV Baseball Home vs. Loudoun County 6:30 PM
JV Softball Home vs. Loudoun County 6:30 PM
- Sunshine Squad Improv Troupe 7:00 PM
JV/V Boys Lacrosse Home vs. Patrick Henry (Roanoke) 1/3:00 PM
Hello Stone Bridge Families! Our PTSO has some important updates for you:
- 3/21/23 PTSO meeting, 7-8 PM in the Career Center. Dr. Flynn will start with school updates; then, our PTSO will give committee updates, followed by a short business meeting.
- PTSO Senior Scholarship: All info is on our website. You must have a current PTSO membership in order to be considered for this scholarship. If you haven't joined yet, go here to complete the form and send payment via PayPal or a check.
- Seniors only - Scholarship link
- Turbo Tutoring: Is your student looking to take the SAT? Turbo is offering prep classes for the SAT or the ACT. Our PTSO receives a percentage back for each SBHS student who attends! Check out their date options here.
- Interested in helping our PTSO? We are looking for board members for the 2023-24 school year. Email us for more information.
Unified Track & Field
PTSO Scholarship Opportunity
Applications are now open to any Stone Bridge High School Class of 2023 Senior whose family has a current 2022-2023 SBHS PTSO membership (by March 25). Scholarship recipients should be planning to attend an accredited college, university, trade school or to enter the military. Due date: Friday, April 21, 2023. Apply here. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Listening Session
Dr. Daniel Smith, Acting Superintendent of Loudoun County Public Schools, will be hosting a series of upcoming community listening sessions. He will be joined by the School Board member that represents the district where the event is held. The public events provide an opportunity for the LCPS community to share comments, concerns, and feedback directly with division leadership. Dr. Smith will discuss how we can best support students’ academic and mental health needs, along with how LCPS can best communicate with and engage our community. Below are the dates, times, and locations of the Community Listening Sessions:
- Wednesday, March 22: 6 p.m., Potomac Falls High School - Algonkian District
- Thursday, March 30: 7 p.m., Trailside Middle School - Ashburn District
- Thursday, April 20: 6 p.m., Willard Middle School - Blue Ridge District
- Thursday, April 27: 6 p.m., Sterling Middle School - Sterling District
- Monday, May 1: 6 p.m., Freedom High School - Dulles District
- Thursday, May 11: 6 p.m., Broad Run High School - Broad Run District
- Wednesday, May 17: 6 p.m., Heritage High School - Catoctin District
- Monday, May 22: 6 p.m., Loudoun County High School - Leesburg District
The At-Large board member may attend any session. All community members are invited to attend one or more of these events to make their voices heard and take part in this process. If you would like to attend, please indicate your interest at bit.ly/LCPSCLS.
Read more information on the listening sessions. As always, we appreciate your support and engagement as we plan for the future of LCPS.
Prom 2023 Information
Here are some details about our upcoming event: Prom will be held on April 15th at the Dulles Marriott from 7:00 PM -11:00 PM. The Prom Court Presentation will take place at 9:30 PM.
“Early Bird” tickets are now on sale for $65. The price will increase to $80 after March 24th. Use this link to purchase tickets.
You must complete this permission form to attend.
Bringing a guest from another school, complete this Special Guest Permission Form and return it to the Stone Bridge High School Main Office by April 14th at 4:00 PM, or bring it to L502 to Mrs. Hughes.
School or another picture identification is required to enter the dance. Tickets are not.
The hotel premises must be vacated by 11:55 PM. Once you have left the prom, you may not re-enter. No one will be admitted to the dance after 9:30 PM.
Presentation of the Prom Court will not be delayed due to absences.
If you are asked to leave the prom, your ticket price will not be refunded.
Each Stone Bridge High School student is permitted ONE guest. You are responsible for the actions of your guest. Prior approval must be received from the Principal for guests over the age of 20. Middle school students are NOT allowed to attend the dance.
Please contact Mrs. Hughes if you have any questions.
Athletic Booster Club News
Attention Seniors! The SBABC Scholarship application is now live! If you have played one season of a Varsity sport (VHSL or Club) you're eligible to apply. The deadline is April 24, 2023! Please note that a parent or guardian must be a member of the Athletic Booster Club to be eligible for our scholarship.
Be a part of history and add your name to the Spirit Walk outside the Stone Bridge Stadium. This is a great gift for graduating seniors!
DC United Game - Stone Bridge HS Night DC
When? Saturday, April 29, 7:30 PM
Where? Audi Field, 100 Potomac Avenue SW, Washington DC (a few blocks from Nats Park)
Who? D.C. United vs. Charlotte F.C.
What? Discounted $25 ticket price and special recognition from the club on match day.
Distance Learning Web Application Information
Distance Learning will continue as an offering for secondary students based on academic preference in the 2023-24 School Year. Distance Learning remains fully synchronous, virtual offering for the whole school year. The staff invites interested students to explore details, frequently asked questions, and courses offered to learn about this program serving students in grades 6-12.
All students interested in Distance Learning (rising grades 6-12) must apply through the web application for enrollment consideration. The Distance Learning application portal opened on January 25, 2023, and will close Friday, April 28, 2023. This application window is the only opportunity to request Distance Learning for the 2023-24 school year. Each student should collaborate with their school counselor and complete the Distance Learning application by the firm deadline of Friday, April 28, 2023. Apply for Secondary Distance Learning HERE.
If you would like to request a student locker for this school year, please complete this Google Form. Once completed, you can expect the locker number and combination to be uploaded into StudentVue under "Student Information." If you have questions or issues, please email Mrs. Ausel.
Please be patient if you have already submitted a request. They will upload into your StudentVue account within 2 school days of submission.
The application process for seniors is now open for the Senior Capstone this year, which will take place from May 15 - 25, 2023. Find out more from the Stone Bridge website under "Activities/Senior Capstone" in the Capstone Handbook 2023, Capstone Ideas and Placements, Capstone Application (Click on Google Form link), and Capstone Permission Click for Signatures. The due date to apply is April 14, 2023.
Attendance Reminders - Updated 11/1/22
- All absence, tardy and early dismissal requests should be submitted through the ParentVUE app or via email at email@example.com. Requests will not be accepted by phone or handwritten note.
- ParentVUE will only allow you to make one request per student per day. Please submit any additional requests for the day via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests will only be excused if a valid reason is provided or prior authorization has been obtained from the Principal, Mr Flynn. Please email me at the Attendance Office if you need a form for a Pre-Authorized absence. · Please visit the Attendance page on the school website (Attendance Reporting / Attendance Main Page (lcps.org). The LCPS Guidelines for excused absences, tardy arrivals and early dismissals is outlined in both the Parent FAQ and the Student FAQ. Attendance rules for participation in athletic and extra-curricular activities are also provided.
- Early Dismissal requests can take up to an hour to process. ParentVUE and email are not monitored constantly, so it may take some time for me to even see it. The earlier you can submit early dismissal requests, the better. If you need your child quickly, the quickest way to have them dismissed is to park in front of the school and come into the school with a valid photo ID. You will not be permitted to enter the building without an ID. Students can only be released to a parent, guardian or emergency contact. If a sibling living at home is not listed as an emergency contact, we cannot release the student to the sibling for pick up. Please make any necessary updates to your student’s Emergency Contacts in ParentVUE
Stone Bridge High School
EMPOWERING ALL STUDENTS TO MAKE MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WORLD THROUGH DEEPER LEARNING
2023 All Rights Reserved – Loudoun County Public Schools