Railroads for Sale!
By: Karsyn KIrby
- Beginning around 1790, a series of changes was beginning that historians have called “The Transportation Revolution.”
- Continuing through the 1840s, many thousands of miles of improved county and town roads were constructed as well.
- Railroads are still everywhere today.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Quicker traveling
- Transportation easier
- Not in harsh conditions
- No need to back a lot
- Less chance of catching disease
- May be pricey
- No Privacy
- Less things to bring with
How they impacted North Dakota
The railroad enabled people to settle and make a living in North Dakota and the region in general. The railroad grew in stages with towns developing along the way. Throughout the years, railroads have been networking our land. They have changed through the years as their need as a transportation mode has changed.
The Railroad Journey and the Industrial Revolution: Crash Course World History 214