20Learn, powered by Schoology
Where Learning Happens │October 5, 2018
We're Better Together
As you travel down the implementation road you are not alone. You have colleagues across the district walking along side of you. You have building Digital Learning Coaches and Teacher-Librarians, plus district Technology Integration Specialists to support you. Our Getting Started with 20Learn, powered by Schoology course provides a forum to ask questions of your colleagues. You can submit questions for answers in our newsletter, too. And, of course, don’t forget about our regular drop-in support sessions.
Schoology provides a number of resources to support all of us along our journey, too. They have a blog, Schoology Exchange, exploring the pedagogy behind digital integration. There is also an extensive resource collection available in the Schoology’s Help Center. There are directions, handouts, and short videos to help you navigate our new platform.
Whether you prefer guided, online anytime, or pedagogical support, we have options available!
This implementation is one where we can all learn and grow together. Explore, ask questions, share, collaborate. Let’s walk down this road together!
Where Are We Now? - The Weekly Update
We have over 250 pilot members at some stage of the Getting Started with 20Learn, powered by Schoology course! There has been over 330 discussion posts and over 9000 page views. It’s great to see so many people interacting with Schoology!
What you can do:
- Encourage your team members to join the course so that we can learn together!
- Share your favorite features and benefits in the Updates feed.
- Ask questions in the recent updates feed.
- Connect with other educators
- Parents won’t have their own 20Learn accounts during the fall semester.
- Grade passback between Schoology and IC isn’t available this semester.
- We are working on special roles for Resource teachers and paras. If you need temporary advisor capabilities until the technical process has been vetted, please submit a help ticket to email@example.com.
As we make progress with those features we’ll communicate updates.
Keep in mind that we’re at the beginning of a journey. We have a lot of ground to cover and we’re just learning the terrain. Partner with us by participating, asking questions, and providing feedback so that we can continue to grow. That participation is helping us work to meet your needs.
Thank you for being part of a successful launch! Here’s what we’ve seen since school started:
- over 484,000 total visits
- about 7.4 million page views
- over 103,000 files uploaded
- over 118,000 submissions
- over 19,000 comments posted
Here’s what we’ve learned:
- Old habits die hard, like distributing Access Codes to students. With our IC integration we don’t need to do that. (We can help fix that :-)).
- There are differences between the Schoology app and the browser version. It helps to check out the views to see the differences until you get used to them.
- Communication is key! When something unusual happens, communicate it to your DLC or us. We’re happy to help plus we won’t know what to fix or improve unless we hear from you.
- There are so many supportive, excited ASD20 staff members that have really helped us make this successful!
As with any new adventure, there are questions and concerns. We'd love to hear them! Submit your questions, comments and concerns, and we'll do our best to address them in the following weekly newsletter.
Learning Services and Digital Integration Services are partnering with Schoology to develop our training program. You will be receiving online and face-to-face learning and support opportunities.
There are two (2) courses for you to join:
- In Schoology - Getting Started with 20Learn, powered by Schoology = this is growing and developing course to walk you through the process of getting to know Schoology. Join code = 5XK69-CHSJH.
- In the SPOT - Schoology Support for Pilot Participants: Foundations and Best Practices = this is where you register in order to receive credit for your work. Course ID=1819-017-20.
Your support will include online instruction and resources in the Schoology platform, face-to-face drop in sessions throughout the summer and school year, webinars, plus additional workshops and formal training opportunities. Do you need instant support? Schoology has an extensive resource collection to help, too!
Keep logging your hours!