The Eagle Flyer
August 30, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Fantaskey
Welcome back to school! We had a great first day as we welcomed our students and staff for the 2021-2022 school year! We have included some pictures from our first day in this newsletter and hope you enjoy!
Our Back to School Nights (Grades 1-6) have been scheduled for August 31st & September 1st. Back to School Night will take place in person this year, where you will have the opportunity to learn about the upcoming year, curriculum, and teacher expectations. We look forward to seeing you this week.
Tuesday, August 31st @ 6:30 PM
- Grades 1, 2, 3
Wednesday, September 1st @ 6:30 PM
- Grades 4, 5, 6
6:15 PM: Doors will open for arrival at 6:15 and parents are welcome to visit various informational tables that will be set up in the gym. Visit our Specialists Squad, DHSA Volunteer Sign Ups, Spirit Wear, and Cub Scouts in the gym. Parents will go directly to their child's classroom to begin the evening, as we will not meet as a large group prior to the teacher presentations.
6:30 PM: Mrs. Fantaskey will welcome parents and provide general information over the intercom. DHSA will provide announcements will be shared as part of the teacher's presentation.
Teachers will begin their classroom presentations following the announcements.
Mrs. Kate Fantaskey
Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, August 30, 2021
- First Day of School
- Back to School Night for Grades 1, 2, 3
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Back to School Night for Grades 4, 5, 6
- No School
Monday, September 6, 2021
- No School (Labor Day)
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- No School (Rosh Hashanah)
Monday, September 13, 2021
- 6th Grade Team-building Workshop at Elbow Lane
- 6th Grade Team-building Workshop at Elbow Lane
- No School (Yom Kippur)
- Back to School Picnic (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM)
- Home and School General Meeting (6PM)
First Day Gallery
Electronic Device Fee and Distribution
- Students in grades K - 2 will receive an Ipad
- Students in grade 3 - 6 will receive a Lenovo Think Pad (laptop).
All devices will be distributed during the first school week by the Homeroom Teacher.
Even if your child has his/her own device, we are asking that you participate in our program to allow for a consistent learning platform for our students. All students in a grade level will receive a device equipped with: internet filtering, software, tech support for break/fix, and access to instructional tools and resources used by our teachers. You can learn more on our FAQ page: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/38121
First Steps for Families:
The first step prior to distribution is to enroll online and pay a usage fee. The usage fee covers the at-home and in-school use of a device, a charger, and insurance for accidental breaks. We have different pricing structures for elementary students as they will pay $10 a year for a 7-year school career (K-6).
What steps does a family need to take prior to device handout?
- Visit: https://www.cbsd.org/1to1
- Parent/Guardian and Student will click on and read the 1:1 Handbook.
- Parent/Guardian signs the user agreement and pays* the user fee via MyPaymentsPlus (MPP). Upon submitting the fee and MPP agreement you are confirming that you have reviewed the information with your child.
The Fee Table:
*Please note that the fee is reduced for families who are economically disadvantaged. You will see the balance as $0 when entering MPP. All families still need to complete steps 1-3 even if the balance is $0.
**If you were not given a bag last year, the school can provide one for you.
Thank you to Home and School!
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
Free Meals for ALL Students
In April 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service extended the program that will provide for free meals for all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year. This has been made possible by nationwide waivers that provide for free meals for all students through June 2022. All menus are available to be viewed online up to 2 weeks in advance by visiting cbsd.nutrislice.com.
Students are entitled to one complete reimbursable breakfast per day and one complete reimbursable lunch per day. Any second entrée will be charged to the students’ lunch account. We encourage all families to put money on their students account through MySchoolBucks.com as there will be no cash transactions this year in an effort to serve the students as safely and swiftly as possible.
We are thrilled to continue to safely serve students delicious, fresh and nutritious meals at no charge, and we are equally excited to re-introduce our favorite programs to deliver fun, exciting and tasty experiences to students throughout the coming year.
2021-2022 REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMS
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Kindergarten & all students new to the district - Dental and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 & 7--Dental Exam
- Dental Examination Form
- Students entering Grade 6 & 11-- Physical Exam
- Medical Examination Form
The exams must be completed after 9/1/2020. The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2021. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
A Medication dispensing form is required for ANY medication taken at school. You can find the form on Doyle’s Health Office Page under FORMS.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND ACTION PLANS
If your child has any health conditions such as food allergies, asthma, migraine headaches, seizure disorder or cardiac condition that requires emergency medication at school, please get an action plan and doctors order from your physician and send in PRIOR to the first day of school.
CBSD Bus Transportation
Bus information for students in grades K-12 is available through the "Transportation Tab" in the Parent Portal. As we work to establish our dismissal routine during the first weeks of school, please know it may take a little longer. We appreciate your patience.
Your student may ride only the bus to which he/she has been assigned unless an Alternate Bus Stop Request has been approved. Information on Alternate Bus Stop Requests can be found HERE. The Central Bucks Transportation Department will approve requests for childcare or shared custody* situations only as long as certain criteria are met. Parents may access an Alternate Bus Stop Request form by clicking HERE and either fax 267-893-5830 or mail directly to the Central Bucks Transportation Department, 320 West Swamp Road, Doylestown, PA 18901.
Parent Portal Access
Join us for the annual Doyle Elementary Back to School Picnic on Tuesday, September 21st at 5:30 PM. Bring your own picnic dinner, drinks, lawn games and chairs for a night of catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
New this year, we will have Big Guy's Hot Dog Truck serving hot dogs, kielbasa, hamburgers, nachos and drinks. A portion of all sales will be donated to the Doyle HSA. Sloby Ice Cream Truck will also be onsite for dessert. Cash or credit cards are accepted for both trucks.
There’s Always Something Going on at Doyle!
Doyle Home and School sponsored events provide even more opportunities for fun and academic development. Parents and Guardians can stay on top of all special events and activities and jump right into all the fun by following us on social media!
Follow us on Facebook (Private Group: Doyle Elementary Parents), not a fan of FB, we're also on Instagram (PARENTS_OF_DOYLE_ES_CBSD) and Twitter (@ParentsofDoyle)!
Doyle Home & School - Dollars for Doyle
Resources & Quick Links for Families
Doyle Elementary School Information
Doyle is an "A" School
- Arrival begins at 8:15 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:35 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:15 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:35 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 11:55 AM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:15 and the student day begins at 10:35
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:35 AM (arrival begins at 8:15 AM) and ends at 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:40 PM and ends at 3:15 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Doyle:
- AM Students 10:35 AM – 12:20 PM and PM Students 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Cub Scout Pack 24 is welcoming boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade from Doyle Elementary and surrounding regions and schools. We accept kids year round but now is the best time to sign up!
We plan to have our First Pack Meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 28 and launch some model rockets that the kids build themselves. Sign up at https://forms.gle/eDoccWN36vRScBBm6 so that we can send you more details!
If you want to learn more check out our website
Hope to see yall soon!