Mrs. Marshall's Class----------September 15, 2014
News and Reminders
- There will be a Kindergarten Parent Night on Thursday, September 25th. The meeting will be from 6:00 to 6:45 in the library. We will be discussing some of our routines and procedures, assessments, homework, and behavior expectations. We hope you can make it!
- The PTA Book Fair will run through Friday. Our class previewed the book fair today. Check your child's folder for a wish list. Our class will purchase books on Wednesday. Please make sure any money you send to school is in an envelope and clearly labeled along with the wish list labeled with the items you are approving for your child to purchase.
- Check out the Cross Oaks PTA website at www.crossoakspta.org. Please join the PTA and help support our school. It would be great if our class had 100% PTA support! Joining the PTA only costs $10. You can download a membership form on their website or pick one up in the front office.
- Homework will begin the 2nd six weeks of school. Students will have a homework notebook with a short assignment as well as nightly reading homework.
- Classroom Wish List: expo dry-erase markers
What are we learning?
Letter/Sound/Handwriting: Pp, Tt, Mm
We are learning to write our letters with proper letter formation. For a letter formation chart click here.
Sight Words: can, seeReading---retelling a story in order, reading and writing color words, rhyming, one to one matching (pointing to each word as you read), why readers read/importance of reading
Writer's Workshop---labeling, drawing a character, procedures for writer's workshop, telling a story using your words, pictures, and writing, saying each word slowly and writing down the sounds you hear
Math---procedures for math workshop, counting strategies, graphing, interpreting data from graphs, number recognition, writing numerals 0 to 6, describing attributes of math tools, making an equivalent set
Science/Social Studies---science safety, exploring science tools
Assessments---This month I am completing the ELI (Early Literacy Inventory), DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment), and Counting Objects math assessment on each student. I will share the results of these assessments with you at our parent-teacher conference in October.
Specials Areas Schedule
Monday - Art
Tuesday - P.E.
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - P.E.
Friday - P.E.
Please remember to wear tennis shoes on P.E. days!