Mustang Middle School
Letter From the Principals
Welcome to the start of 2020 year! Our students have been fantastic as they adjust to new electives and early mornings!
We finished the year strong with semester finals, the Veteran's Day assembly in November, and our annual dodgeball tournament.
We'd like to thank everyone who came to our parent meeting on January 7th, and we've already had lots of support as we plan our end of year activities. If you are interested in helping out with the committee, please contact email@example.com. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 4th at 6:00 pm. We also have a planning group set up on Facebook, if you would like to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1046859075681908/
Thanks for supporting our school!
Head Principal: Ramae Collins
7th Grade Assistant Principal: Cody Little
8th Grade Assistant Principal: Heather Wiggins
* 8th grade packets go home with current 7th graders on February 13th and are due back on February 25th.
* Please make every effort to talk to your child about what courses he/she are most interested in and return them in a timely fashion! All course decisions for upcoming year are made based on the information we receive from students in their course requests. Whether it is the decision to take an advanced course or a certain elective, please make sure your child is comfortable with what his/her schedule may look like.
Counselor's Corner Continued
* On January 15th and 16th, all 7th grade students will participate in the LIFELINES Suicide Prevention training. If you do NOT want your child to participate, please send back the form that was sent home.
* 8th grade parents, all our 8th graders took the ACT ASPIRE in the fall. The purpose of this test is to help identify academic strengths and weaknesses, while allowing students to gain some insight into the basic structure of the ACT. These test results will be coming home with enrollment packets.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the counseling office.
* Current 7th grade parents, on February 20th at 6:00 pm, we will have a parent meeting for anyone interested in taking an advanced course in the fall. This meeting is for current 6th and 7th grade parents only.
7th grade counselor: Danna Farley
8th grade counselor: Angie Larson
Tips and Tidbits
* As we approach Valentine's Day, please remember there are NO DELIVERIES to the school, so we will not accept them during the school day.
* Please remember that you are not allowed to bring lunch for other students in the building. It is a safety concern and a district policy. If you would like to eat lunch with your child, we also have a table set up to do so.
* Just a reminder that school hours are from 8:40 to 3:35. Doors open in the morning at 8:10 and the front office closes at 4:00 p.m.
* Yearbooks are on sale for $35. There are signs posted around the building with website information, or you can send your child with a check to the front office.
* Our district will be having a "Physical Day" in May for athletes interested in sports for the next school year. More information will be announced later in the spring.
Parents and families, there will be another book fair during the week of February 24th.
The Media Center is collecting Box Tops. Box Tops for Education has a new app! Download it and scan your receipts. It takes any box tops purchased and applies that money directly to Mustang Middle School. You can still can still ✂️ and turn in the old box tops to the media center.
January is the time of year that people renew their commitment to healthy habits. After all the treats and wonderful blessings with family and friends, why not consider extending those blessings to those in need …. at the animal shelters. Did you know that many animal shelters welcome the help in walking and loving on the many animal shelters throughout the year? Why not make it a family activity and volunteer your time and exercise needs at a local animal shelter today. Skip the treadmill and walk a puppy!!!
On a side note, please make sure that any medications that were brought to school are currently in date for the remainder of the school year. All medications must have a current label. Please refer to the MPS Policy for medications at school. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!
Sincerely your Health Office Team,
Michelle Moore, Jennifer Randall and Cameron Redus
CONGRATULATIONS to our TEACHER OF THE YEAR
January 13: Basketball at Deer Creek
January 13: Board Meeting
January 15 - 16: Lifelines
January 16 - 18: Basketball tournament
January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: No School
January 23: Reality Check
January 23: Basketball
January 24: 8th basketball
January 29: Engineering Fair
January 31: Winter Sports Assembly
February 3: Enrollment begins
February 3: Basketball
February 4: 6:00 pm parent meeting for end of year planning
February 10 - 14: Kindness Week
February 17: Professional Development: no school
February 25: Parent teacher conferences: 4:30 to 7:30
February 27: parent teacher conferences: 4:30 to 7:30
March 4: Spring pictures
March 9: Board meeting
March 13: Spring break