Eagle Edition March
Euclid Elementary School 2022-23
- ¡Haga clic en el enlace TRADUCIR y seleccione su idioma preferido!
- Kliknij link TŁUMACZ i wybierz preferowany język!
- TRANSLATE എന്ന ലിങ്കിൽ ക്ലിക്ക് ചെയ്ത് നിങ്ങൾക്ക് ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട ഭാഷ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കുക!
- અનુવાદ લિંક પર ક્લિક કરો અને તમારી પસંદગીની ભાષા પસંદ કરો!
- ترجمہ لنک پر کلک کریں اور اپنی پسند کی زبان منتخب کریں!
Message from Ms. Daly
Every Monday during the school year, our school announcements remind students to have a positive and growth mindset. Making and learning from mistakes is an important part of growing into kind, responsible, and successful human beings.
As winter starts to wind down it is common for our children's choices and actions to cause adults to, well, look twice. It is important for the grownups to support our children take responsibility for their choices and actions while learning from mistakes - intentional made or not.
According to Philip Dembo, Ph.D., author of The Real Purpose of Parenting: The Book You Wish Your Parents Read, if you want your child to come to you with the truth (or admit to it when asked), try to keep your cool when expressing your dissatisfaction about her poor behavior. Being calm and approachable makes it easier -- and more likely -- that she'll fess up in the future. Let her know everyone makes mistakes and what matters most is that she's truthful, learns from the situation, and tries to right her wrongs. Then, discuss what she could have done differently, how she can make it better, and any consequences. Don't forget to praise her honesty if she owned up to her actions.
You are our students' first and most important teachers. Euclid staff continues to be honored to partner with you to support the learning and growing happening every day at school.
Karen Daly, Principal
"How to Teach Kids to Accept Responsibility for Their Actions" Parents.com
What's Happening @ Euclid?
- 12 Daylight Savings (Spring Forward 1 hour!)
- 16 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade Music Sharing (tentative 6:30-8pm)
- 22-24 Scholastic Book Fair! (open during conferences!)
- 23 Parent Teacher Conferences (4pm-8pm)
- 24 Parent Teacher Conferences (tentative 8am-3pm)
- 27-31 Spring Break
- 3 Back to School!
- 7 No School
- 10 No School - Institute Day
- 14 Jump Into Spring - Fundraiser Final Event (during school)
- 21 Muffins with Munchkins (PTC Euclid morning playdate! 7:45-8:30am)
Parent Teacher Conferences - March 23 & 24
Time to sign up for Parent-Teacher conferences!
Conferences are Thursday, March 23 (4p-8p) and Friday, March 24 (8a-3p)
Meet the Teacher sign up opens tomorrow, Wednesday, March 2 @ 12:00pm.
Conference sign up closes 3/15 at end of the day.
Sign up for a conference at https://rivertrailsdistrict26.meettheteacher.com/ (starting 3/2 @ noon)
Follow the Parent Guide to help you book your conference appointments.
If you need to reserve spots for child care during your conference, complete this short Google Form.
This letter includes all of the above information and will be emailed to you on Wednesday, March 2.
Your Opinion Matters!
If you have not yet done so, we hope you can take a few minutes to offer your feedback in the parent/guardian portion of the survey. Your answers are anonymous and will help us to better understand the conditions of our schools and where improvements can be made. The State Board of Education requires 20% of our families to participate. Your thoughts make a difference! Survey closes 3/24.
Euclid Photo Gallery
Submit Recipes by March 24
New and Returning Student Registration for ALL grades!
Beginning Monday, March 13, families will be able to register their students for the 2023-2024 school year. This is required for all students. More information will be shared as we get closer to that date.
Local & State Testing Updates
- March 6-17 - Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) (grades 3-5); Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) (grade 5)
- April - Spring MAP (grades 2-5)
- May - Spring Aimsweb (grade 1) & Spring Panorama
More information about upcoming testing will be available as we get closer to the administration dates. If you have any questions about any of the assessments, please contact Mrs. Hogan.
FREE Dental Exam!
In April, the Miles of Smiles, Ltd. dental program will be visiting our district. This is a program that offers free dental exams to students of all grades and also fulfills the mandated dental exam for anyone entering kindergarten, 2nd, 6th and 9th grades.
In order to have your child participate, you will need to fill out a permission form. Once fully completed, the permission form should be returned to your child’s teacher by March 15.
All children who return a completed permission form will receive a dental exam. Following the exam at school, you will be notified if further dental treatment is needed.
*Important Note: Please make sure to fill out the entire permission form.
Upcoming Events this Spring:
- Spring Scholastic Book Fair, March 22-24 This event will be open for classrooms during the day the 22nd-23rd. It will also be open for grownups to shop before and after conferences on Thursday night and Friday during the day! Flyers and online ordering information will be sent home soon.
- Jump Into Spring Fundraiser, April 3-14 Euclid's PE department is partnering with our PTC and the Chicago Wolves to kick off an active and healthy Spring season! 100% of the money raised will go to Euclid with a % dedicated directly to the PE department! Look for information coming soon.
- Muffins with Munchkins, April 21 (7:45-8:30a) Remember Donuts with Grownups? Same idea, different season! We'll send home information to pre-order and hope to see you for an early morning, before school, school community playdate!
Celebrate the teachers!!
Instead of celebrating one time a year in May...we are showing our appreciation all year! Euclid teachers have been so grateful for the treats they find in the teachers' lounge provided by our families.
3rd Grade Families Fill the Fridge for Teachers!
Any student's grown up can participate in Euclid's Watch Dog Program. Spend part of the day with your student, in classes, at lunch, in music/art/gym!
Scan the QR code above or text 847-973-6396 to participate.
MyMealTime Account Balances
Please contact any of the following people if you may need support with a negative MyMealTime account. We are here to help!
Fabiola Martinez, Social Worker 224-612-7440
Megan Leone, Social Worker 224-612-7454
Information about the Free and Reduced Lunch Program for those that qualify can be found here. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kelly Diaz, Director of Food Services: email@example.com
Attendance Line: 847-259-3303
Please call ahead or email with any questions. Thank you for your patience with trying to limit the traffic of people at Door #1.
Office Hours on School Days: 7:45m - 4:30pm
Main Office: 847-259-3303
- Erni Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariceliz Perez email@example.com
- Lisa Gutzler (Nurse) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal, Karen Daly: email@example.com or 224-612-7400
- Assistant Principal, Sarah Hogan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-612-7401