We Are St. Ann School
5/4/2016 Parent & Student News By: Bonnie Hall, Principal
Queen of the May
May is also the month of Mary. Each morning our second graders assisted by our leaders of the school-our eighth graders lead us in a decade of the Rosary. Each bead on the Rosary is a testimony for our love of the Blessed Mother and her Son.
Congratulations 2016-2017 Student Council Executive Board Elect
These young ladies had some wonderful ideas to lead our Future Full of Hope; I look forward to working with them and the entire Student Council.
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Scholarship Winners
St. Ann School will once again award scholarships on academic merit as well as private scholarships based upon financial need. It's the best of both worlds. I would like to especially thank Mrs. Mary Wegrzyn for assisting me with our Merit Scholarship Program.
Congratulations to this year's St. Ann School Merit Scholarship Winners:
- Lukas Rincon
- Opra Thomas
- Kelvin Haywood
- Roman Lopez
- Gianna Hillegonds
- Tejumola Akinola
- Makayla Gilbert
- Mia Dabrowski
- Alexis Zamudio
Float With Darth Vader This Saturday!
Candy donations would also be appreciated! Donations may be sent to the office.
Shown here: Darth reaches for his NUT Card from Mrs. Hall
He also wishes you a happy Star Wars Day: May the Fourth be with you!
Reminder: Mother's Day Raffle is Sunday! Trust Me, Mom Would Love $25,000!
Each raffle ticket is $100.
- Cinco De Mayo Skating Party! Ole! Meet you at the skating rink on Thursday, May 5th for our final skating party of the school year. Please be sure to come inside the rink at 8:30 p.m. promptly to pick up your child.
- Don't miss our annual Egg Drop on Monday, May 9th at "egg xactly" 1 p.m. Only the strong will survive! (Weather permitting)
- There will be an HSA Meeting on Monday, May 9th at 7 p.m. in the Extended Day Room. All are welcome.
- A (required) First Communion Meeting for First Communicants and a parent will take place on Tues., May 10th at 3:30 p.m. in Church.
- Awards Night for grades 7 and 8 is Wed., May 11th in Church. All junior high students are expected to attend this special evening.
- Our First Holy Communion Brunch for our second graders will be held on Thursday, May 12th from 9-11 a.m. in the school hall. First Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 14th. Please pray for our First Communicants!
- Grades 1 and 2 will visit Brookfield Zoo on Monday, May 16th.
- Tuesday, May 17th is our final (Tuition) Exclusion Day of the year. ALL balances on tuition, hot lunch, and extended day must be paid in full or children may not attend classes until payment is made. This is in accordance with Archdiocesan policy.
- Wed., May 18th is May Crowning. This beautiful tradition will take place at 1 p.m. in Church. Kaie Ramirez and our 8th grade Court of young ladies will crown the statue of the Blessed Mother and will share their reflections on how Mary teaches us all to say "yes" to God.
- Please note a calendar change for the Pre-Kindergarten Celebration. The event will take place on Tuesday, May 31st from 9-10 a.m. (Then please join the rest of the St. Ann Family as we picnic at Lan-Oak Park that day - weather permitting. The picnic rain date is June 1st.)
- We recently received a check for submitted Box Tops: $548.90. Thank YOU all!
- We still have a few yearbooks available for purchase. $25. You may send a check to St. Ann School, and we'll guarantee same day delivery.
Please Save Your Child's Seat...Register Today.
Looking forward to a future full of hope with all of you by my side.
Need a form? Here it is:
That's Crazy! cRaZy Hair Day - May 13th
That same afternoon, we'll conclude our cRazY hair day with calm by enjoying "A Little Yoga in the Lot." Weather permitting, the entire school will head outside to our spacious parking lot for some yoga moves, serenity, and school spirit at day's end. Yoga will be led by Mrs. Zackavec and Ms. Gillen, Yoga instructors. We thank Ms. Steigerwald for coordinating this special all-school gathering.