TM Tech Bytes
Helpful Technology Tips You Can Use!
Locating Your Z: drive After Reimage
If you want to create a shortcut to a folder that you need access to (and don't already have a shortcut on your desktop), locate and open that folder, then left-click on the folder icon in the address bar and drag to your desktop.
"Run" Box Location
If you are trying to locate a folder and don't have a shortcut to it on your desktop, hold the windows key down (located between the fn and the alt buttons on your laptop keyboard) and press R. This will bring up the "Run" box.
To locate a folder on our server: type \\svr15001\ and search for the folder you need.
To locate a shared folder on the district server (i.e. Lead 21): type \\svr01001\ and search for the folder you need.
Simple Keyboard Shortcuts
Did you know...?
- Ctrl and z - will undo
- Ctrl and x - will cut something highlighted
- Ctrl and c - will copy something highlighted
- Ctrl and v - will paste something highlighted
- Ctrl and b - will bold something highlighted or something you are about to type; using these keys will also turn it off
- Ctrl and i - will italicize something highlighted or something you are about to type; using these keys again will also turn it off
- Ctrl and a - will select all
- Ctrl and f - will make a find box pop up if you are looking for something in a document
- Ctrl and p - will make the print box pop up