That Was Then This Is Now
The author's message
2. In a 2009 report, 2/3 of the criminals receiving life sentences were non-whites. In New York its 83%.
3. The concept of race is a modern concept. In the ancient world, the Greeks, Romans, Jews, Christians, and Muslims did not have racial categories. Rather people were divided according to religion, class, language, etc.
4. Traditionally the U.S followed the concept pf the child of a mixed race union is classified in the less privileged group.
5. Federal laws prohibit discrimination. They have done this since the 1960's
6. The rate is higher of police pulling over blacks, and latino's than whites.
7. Grey is the color of the ribbon for racism prevention.